"Mutts on Parade" - Category too Narrow?

have questions, suggestions, gripes for the site administrator? This is the place for those.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

mrdibbles
Colonel
Colonel

"Mutts on Parade" - Category too Narrow?

Unread post by mrdibbles » March 16th, 2009, 5:10 pm

Hey Moose-
I am interested in us exploring either broadening the "Mutts on Parade" section, to include military pictures of any time period, or creating a new category specifically for those photos. I know that many people on this forum served and as such I would really take great value in seeing pictures of that service. Additionally some of us might have albums or come across military genre pictures from other wars, photos of their relatives who served, photos of armed conflicts, or even pictures of the military in peace-time. These pictures are fascinating to me and really give the act of owning an MV some relevance. If I were to pick a "favorite" section that the G503 has it would be their "Vintage Photos" section that falls under the heading of "Accessories". It is money in the bank and something I think we should give some thought to :mrgreen:
Regards,
Matt-
1992 Mercedes-Benz 250GD Wolf - Former German Army
St. Augustine, Florida

moose53
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: "Mutts on Parade" - Category too Narrow?

Unread post by moose53 » March 16th, 2009, 6:44 pm

mrdibbles wrote:Hey Moose-
I am interested in us exploring either broadening the "Mutts on Parade" section, to include military pictures of any time period, or creating a new category specifically for those photos. I know that many people on this forum served and as such I would really take great value in seeing pictures of that service. Additionally some of us might have albums or come across military genre pictures from other wars, photos of their relatives who served, photos of armed conflicts, or even pictures of the military in peace-time. These pictures are fascinating to me and really give the act of owning an MV some relevance. If I were to pick a "favorite" section that the G503 has it would be their "Vintage Photos" section that falls under the heading of "Accessories". It is money in the bank and something I think we should give some thought to :mrgreen:
Regards,
Matt-
Matt,
The thinking at the time was that "mutts on parade" would be a spot strictly for mutt pics, and "favorite pics" would be for the old army shots etc. Do you think we need a third pic forum for "vintage Military Pics"? it would be easy enough to do if needed... Does it not seem to be working the way I thought it would?

Jim
Zigzag50, Northeast51, KC2QDZ
MVPA # 30032 G838.org

--------------------------------------
1971 G838-M151A2 1966 G857-M416
1968 G748-M101A1 1976 G748-M116A1
1990 MEP-701A

--------------------------------------
Real jeeps have horizontal grille slots