What do you guys think?

have questions, suggestions, gripes for the site administrator? This is the place for those.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

moose53
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by moose53 » December 12th, 2007, 12:37 am

mrdibbles wrote:Hey Moose-
I am into Winchester lever-action guns, from the Cowboy days, and I belong to a forum where we chitter chatter about those too. Ironically you should see how off topic that site can be. All the while though it's self-policed and runs real well. Anyway I mention this because that site goes down alot. I think it's because the site takes on too many pictures? What is the capacity of this site and if it does require funding is it a lot? I want to make sure you can sustain this site so please let us know if you need help or if we need to be seeking advertising or something. With how quickly this site is growing I'd think we might be able to get some sponsors or... Anyway just thinking more long term. I am so pleased with what's happening thus far :D
I prepaid for two years so it will be around for a while...LOL.
We have 350 GB of bandwidth and 3500GB of server space. The servers uptime is running 99.1% I'm putting some google ads etc on here in the hopes that it will adequately support the operating costs. Its not real expensive. Hopefully I'll get on the right side of the power curve with the programming aspect soon, the older you get the tougher it is to learn new crap hehehe. I knew html pretty good but this is the first time I've tried programming dynamic pages in PHP. I'll be adding some neat stuff once I figure out how :wink: Glad you like it so far.

Jim
Zigzag50, Northeast51, KC2QDZ
MVPA # 30032 G838.org

--------------------------------------
1971 G838-M151A2 1966 G857-M416
1968 G748-M101A1 1976 G748-M116A1
1990 MEP-701A

--------------------------------------
Real jeeps have horizontal grille slots