Limited Access

have questions, suggestions, gripes for the site administrator? This is the place for those.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Limited Access

Unread post by Rainman » May 7th, 2013, 5:43 pm

Just learned earlier today that visitors to this sight are not permitted to see the restoration section or the reenacting sections. To see these more recent boards on the site you must be a registered member and logged in. Why is it that the WIKI can be added to and amended by any swinin richard with a link to the internet, no membership required. What are the chances of flip flopping these requirements?
Rainman
M151 World Land Speed Record Holder

raymond
Major General
Major General

Re: Limited Access

Unread post by raymond » May 7th, 2013, 9:56 pm

That's a question for Jim. I can't do any of that stuff. My powers are more commensurate with my main job here, deleting spam.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: Limited Access

Unread post by Rainman » May 7th, 2013, 11:22 pm

And an OUTSTANDING job you all do Raymond! I'd mentioned the WIKI vulnerability before, but never thought about limited access anywhere on this site. I'm lucky the search feature at the 503 works for non members. :) I once learned that without being logged into SS you can't see their photos. Hard to imagine the restrictions here are intentional, just something that's happening with the newer areas being added. When it was mentioned to me, I passed it along. :D
Rainman
M151 World Land Speed Record Holder