m416 trailer for sale on lansing CL

Got something you don't need? Sell it here

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

whirook
Sergeant
Sergeant

m416 trailer for sale on lansing CL

Unread post by whirook » September 27th, 2008, 11:46 am

Found this listing while checking craigslist.
Sell states it is a m416 for sale.
Listed in the Lansing Mi craiglist for $375.
http://lansing.craigslist.org/for/853071849.html

cstaup
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: m416 trailer for sale on lansing CL

Unread post by cstaup » September 27th, 2008, 5:37 pm

Looks fairly straight, but with that pic you can't tell how many gremlins are in ther. But, heck it's a trailer. I can fix it up with pennies on my head.
Last 2Δ Command Group NCOIC

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » September 27th, 2008, 9:59 pm

It does look straight. Civilian tail lights installed, so hard to tell if the original harness is still intact. These are the kind I've been jumping on! I've learned to check out the springs before you buy, it may add another $200 to the cost of a simple restoration. Have given up looking for straight floors with no pits. :) , cause those kind don't live here in the northeast USA.

Rainman
M151 World Land Speed Record Holder

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » September 28th, 2008, 9:26 am

Hey Rainman, You trying to buy every trailer in the northeast?
Rick
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » September 28th, 2008, 1:59 pm

Not every one of em Rick, just the cheap ones in good condition. :) And they're out there at reasonable prices from time to time. Some of them downright cheap. Could be used by OCOD ( obsessive compulsive olive drab) folks like us, or MV hobby folks to restore and resell for a profit. Either way they're adopted and cared for! Too many M-416's have gone to 4 X 4 clubs, or weekend campers named Bubba.
Honestly Rick, I live kinda "in town" and already have 3 military trailers, 2 M151's, 2 boats, 3 boat trailers, 2 motorcycles and my Mountaineer sitting outside already. I'm not currently in the market for anything, but always have my eyes open. :shock: If I had the ability, I'd buy that $1000 jeep with the rotisserie, like I have a square inch of driveway left to inhabit. I also collect HAM and military radio equipment, autographed baseballs, antiques, firearms of all kinds, and Civil War items to include diaries, CDV's and Austrian Lorenz rifles, or anything associated with the 114th Ohio Volunteer Infantry. My current girlfriend is a "minimalist" and hates the clutter, collections, displays and in general the amount of stuff I own. Now getting to a time in my life when retirement is in sight, I really need to eliminate a little of the vast amount of stuff I've collected over the years. That or pack it all into military trailers and buy a pole building ,or better yet my own storage complex! Finding an M-416 trailer for under $400 is now and will always be of interest to packrats like myself, if I buy them or not. So to answer your question, Nope! :P

Rainman
M151 World Land Speed Record Holder

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » September 28th, 2008, 6:15 pm

Rainman wrote:Not every one of em Rick, just the cheap ones in good condition. :) And they're out there at reasonable prices from time to time. Some of them downright cheap. Could be used by OCOD ( obsessive compulsive olive drab) folks like us, or MV hobby folks to restore and resell for a profit. Either way they're adopted and cared for! Too many M-416's have gone to 4 X 4 clubs, or weekend campers named Bubba.
Honestly Rick, I live kinda "in town" and already have 3 military trailers, 2 M151's, 2 boats, 3 boat trailers, 2 motorcycles and my Mountaineer sitting outside already. I'm not currently in the market for anything, but always have my eyes open. :shock: If I had the ability, I'd buy that $1000 jeep with the rotisserie, like I have a square inch of driveway left to inhabit. I also collect HAM and military radio equipment, autographed baseballs, antiques, firearms of all kinds, and Civil War items to include diaries, CDV's and Austrian Lorenz rifles, or anything associated with the 114th Ohio Volunteer Infantry. My current girlfriend is a "minimalist" and hates the clutter, collections, displays and in general the amount of stuff I own. Now getting to a time in my life when retirement is in sight, I really need to eliminate a little of the vast amount of stuff I've collected over the years. That or pack it all into military trailers and buy a pole building ,or better yet my own storage complex! Finding an M-416 trailer for under $400 is now and will always be of interest to packrats like myself, if I buy them or not. So to answer your question, Nope! :P

Rainman
Damn! I think my title of King of packrats has been usurped! :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Rick
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

TrueXena
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by TrueXena » September 28th, 2008, 7:17 pm

Rainman wrote:Not every one of em Rick, just the cheap ones in good condition. :) And they're out there at reasonable prices from time to time. Some of them downright cheap. Could be used by OCOD ( obsessive compulsive olive drab) folks like us, or MV hobby folks to restore and resell for a profit. Either way they're adopted and cared for! Too many M-416's have gone to 4 X 4 clubs, or weekend campers named Bubba.

Rainman
You can always bring any "overflow" of stuff down here and put it in my yard. ;)
Later dayz,
TrueXena
1966 M151A1 - Daily Driver
1964 M151A1 - Restoring
1977 M151A2 - Restoring
1978 M416
1952 M37 - Restoring