Got something you don't need? Sell it here

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

64 M151
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

REAR SEAT BRAKETS FOR SALE (sold)

Unread post by 64 M151 » October 11th, 2016, 7:51 pm

SOLD
Last edited by 64 M151 on October 21st, 2016, 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
" Apply The 6 P theroy" (Previous Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance)"
" When something becomes FUBAR We Blame it on SNAFU Then Try to SWAG Our Way Out of it"
"Just my Wooden Nickels worth"

rickf
General
General

Re: REAR SEAT BRAKETS FOR SALE

Unread post by rickf » October 11th, 2016, 8:01 pm

Somebody was looking for them about 6 months ago. If I run across the post I will send it here.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

lpcoating
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by lpcoating » October 11th, 2016, 8:32 pm

The thread is "Rear seat brackets wanted".

Guy
M151 Body Panels - http://www.m151bodypanels.com/

'68 A1 - Under full resto

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » October 11th, 2016, 8:38 pm

yea, that was it, the guy got so confusing I gave up. I don't know what he ever did but he wanted A2 feet but then he wanted A1 brackets but then it was back to A2 and I threw in the towel.

Sorry Joe.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

64 M151
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by 64 M151 » October 11th, 2016, 10:51 pm

rickf wrote:yea, that was it, the guy got so confusing I gave up. I don't know what he ever did but he wanted A2 feet but then he wanted A1 brackets but then it was back to A2 and I threw in the towel.

Sorry Joe.
I don't blame you. Sounds like he doesn't know what the right hand is doing from the left hand, LOL. No apologies needed Rick but thanks. The ole saying is "If he / she had marbles for a brain might be dangerous" and in this case tools in place of marbles.

Later Joe
" When something becomes FUBAR We Blame it on SNAFU Then Try to SWAG Our Way Out of it"

Bucolic
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by Bucolic » October 12th, 2016, 12:55 am

I too remember that thread Rick. I believe he was trying to make a free-standing bench. I WAS looking for one bracket but I'm getting along just fine with what I've got. The spring on one of mine is missing but it doesn't seem to affect the functioning of the seat so I'm no longer in need of one.
1964 M151 A1

Vzike
Sergeant Major of the "G"
Sergeant Major of the "G"

Unread post by Vzike » October 12th, 2016, 8:04 am

I just figured out that I need a pair of the front stops for the 1964 Kaiser M151 I'm putting together. Just couldn't figure out why the back seat did not have the floor stops on it.

I just can't see doing $50 plus shipping for them. I'll start looking.
Vin Zike

Bart1015
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread post by Bart1015 » October 12th, 2016, 10:45 pm

Wow Guys, I was looking for the brackets. Seems like there are a lot of bricks being tossed in my direction.

After re-reading my post I see why rick was a bit confused. What I was looking for was just the pivot brackets. I used the term "feet" in my post to you Rick and I should have used "pivot".

Anyway, I ended up getting a set from one of our members and made a very nice shop seat. I would post a pic but the G503 album will not accept files right now.

Joe, you are sorta right. I was not aware that the A1 and A2 seats were different until I posted my request in the wanted section. Now I am fully informed. I must have "tools for a brain" because I had no idea there was a difference between the two. Furthermore, I never drove or worked on any M151 series vehicles in my past. For me, this is a hobby that I am learning and enjoying.

I will say, I do have just have enough marbles to complete a ground up restoration on my M151A1 and matching M416. Its not a perfect restoration and not all the parts are correct for a 67 but it is solid, reliable and it was a joy to build. It would give most M151s a run for their money on a side to side comparison.

Brett
Pray for our Wolf Hunters.

64 M151
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by 64 M151 » October 13th, 2016, 7:53 pm

Bart1015 wrote:Wow Guys, I was looking for the brackets. Seems like there are a lot of bricks being tossed in my direction.

After re-reading my post I see why rick was a bit confused. What I was looking for was just the pivot brackets. I used the term "feet" in my post to you Rick and I should have used "pivot".

Anyway, I ended up getting a set from one of our members and made a very nice shop seat. I would post a pic but the G503 album will not accept files right now.

Joe, you are sorta right. I was not aware that the A1 and A2 seats were different until I posted my request in the wanted section. Now I am fully informed. I must have "tools for a brain" because I had no idea there was a difference between the two. Furthermore, I never drove or worked on any M151 series vehicles in my past. For me, this is a hobby that I am learning and enjoying.

I will say, I do have just have enough marbles to complete a ground up restoration on my M151A1 and matching M416. Its not a perfect restoration and not all the parts are correct for a 67 but it is solid, reliable and it was a joy to build. It would give most M151s a run for their money on a side to side comparison.

Brett
Brett

You will always be learning even when you think you got it all down because something new pops up that someone hasn't ran across yet. Just because school is out doesn't mean learning is over and ended. I'm still learning from D to Z even though I have the ABC's down from being around them and working for almost 10 years while in the service. Just remember a wrench and rag will be tossed our way from time to time and only a brick will be tossed if need a wheel chock block, LOL. Like to see pics of your MUTT!.

Later Joe