M151A1 for sale in New Mexico

Got something you don't need? Sell it here

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

PPanagakos
Sergeant
Sergeant

M151A1 for sale in New Mexico

Unread post by PPanagakos » June 8th, 2017, 3:16 pm

I have decided to sell my 1964 M151A1. I will post pictures here I hope in a few days after my daughter helps me take them and someone here tells me how to post. It is a Kaiser and was rewelded. The cut was a half cut and was through the storage compartment area. The weld looks strong and was done some years ago 2009. Here is what I can tell about it
The engine is a replacement (black). The odometer which I think went with this Motor shows 2200 miles and after I pulled the motor apart I think this is true. No cylinder wear at all. Everything looks new inside. Runs good now after Billy Brooks rebuilt my carb. Brakes are good with lots of pad. I replaced the seats with new cushions. It has the deep water fording intake and exhaust, but not the fording valve although the cable for it there. I put in an A2 pre-emission fuel tank and mechanical fuel pump (the dodge slant 6 one). Tires are good but the spare has some tread damage. It has a vinyl top, no doors or side curtains. Windshield wipers (vacuum) disconnected since I used the mechanical fuel pump. Painted in cacc forest camo. Looks nice, I followed the correct pattern. Replaced front end bushings, repacked wheel bearings. Checked ball joints. I have new ones but it didn't need them. I also have some parts left. 2 usa coils, 2 electronic ignitions and various other stuff. Another carb, set of plugs. Has antenna on the jeep and another not mounted. All lights, gauges work. The temp guage has always been a bit squirly, but is new. I have no place left to store the jeep, and I don't drive it much. Weekend to keep it lubbed and the batteries charged. has the hot water heater kit installed. I will sell all for $4000. it's not restored as I used non M151a1 fuel system, and it was rewelded, but it's a good runner, looks good and is a fun machine for someone. I can't take text on my phone, but you can call 505-977-0139 if your around NM and want to see. Thanks to all of you who helped me while I was fixing it up.
Thanks, Peter

rickf
General
General

Re: M151A1 for sale in New Mexico

Unread post by rickf » June 8th, 2017, 8:13 pm

Easiest way to post pictures.

http://www.g838.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9193
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

PPanagakos
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by PPanagakos » June 12th, 2017, 9:55 am

Thanks for trying to help. I don't understand that photobucket site at all. Tried to sign up and it failed. Any other way to put pictures here?

PPanagakos
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by PPanagakos » June 12th, 2017, 10:59 am

I put the Jeep on e-bay with some pictures. Sorry I failed ay photo bucket , but you can see it there.
Thanks, Peter

Surveyor
Terminal

Unread post by Surveyor » June 12th, 2017, 12:49 pm

Looks great. Shame it was cut...

1960 M151 Run #1
"There is one nut on a M151 that is very difficult to remove....." - K8icu
"She ain't a Cadillac and she ain't a Rolls, But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio" - Aaron Tippin

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » June 12th, 2017, 1:34 pm

A link to the ebay sale?
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed

PPanagakos
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by PPanagakos » June 12th, 2017, 1:52 pm

I pulled the ebay add as I'm not comfortable selling it that way. Since it was a reweld, I can't ask much for it even though it came out good and runs good. You all know about these jeep, but most people don't. I won't sell to anyone unless they are totally informed on everything done and how these drive. Thanks.

Fil Bonica
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Fil Bonica » June 12th, 2017, 4:36 pm

Not to worry:
If you disclose it was cut then let the buyer beware.
Your price is more than reasonable for its appearance.
There are a lot of reweldd A1s out there for more money

Hope this helps.

Fil Bonica
K1ABW

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » June 12th, 2017, 5:47 pm

As long as the weld is good and it is not all rusted out then you have nothing to worry about. You have been driving it haven't you? Let them know it is a reweld and then they know. Show pictures and have plenty of pictures ready to send if they ask. I don't know what you were asking but if they pay the price the rest is on them. Anyone that overpays for a vehicle and does not like it afterwards only has themselves to blame, not the seller unless the seller flat out lied. I have done this on more than one occasion and wished I had not made the purchase but only had myself too blame. I had looked at the vehicles and missed the little things I found later.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed

PPanagakos
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by PPanagakos » June 12th, 2017, 6:15 pm

I agree with all said. I have been driving it. I will try to get my daughter to photo underneath so people can see the re-weld, and then I might relist it for sale. I priced it at $4,000 here, $4,500 on e-bay. That's because many of you have helped me during my rebuild work so that deserves a discount. I didn't know it was cut, re-welded when I got it as it had a thick undercoating applied which I removed, at least 95% of it. Couldn't see from above as it had weird racing seats on frames installed so I didn't see. Took me a year to get it where it is now. Like I'm sure many of you I don't do this for profit. This is I think my 10th military Jeep/Truck. When I get more pictures underneath I give that photo thing another try. Thanks.

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » June 12th, 2017, 7:18 pm

You can always e-mail them to me and I can put them up if all else fails. Sometimes picture quality is lost that way though.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed

tumblereed
civilian

Unread post by tumblereed » July 5th, 2017, 2:42 pm

by tumblereed (newbe)
Does the fact that the vehicle has been re welded restrict licensing and registration of the vehicle? I understand that a new motor may detract from an original restoration. Is that the reason for the price difference between this vehicle and one listed above? Is the vehicle still for sale? I have been interested in these "jeeps" since serving in an Army reserve unit from 1966 (still in high school) to 1972.

PPanagakos
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by PPanagakos » July 6th, 2017, 9:50 am

I have a clean New Mexico Title and there was no problem registering it. I set the price strickly by what I believe the fair value to be. It is a reweld and that has the most price effect I think. As far as the engine goes, it is an M151 power pack, just had low miles on it. I don't know if it was a government rebuild or not. It is painted black if that means anything to others here. The only commercial mod I did was to put in a pre emissions M151A2 fuel tank, and the mechanical fuel pump from a slant six dodge. I also replaced all the fuel lines with modern ones. I did this because of ethanol in the gasoline. I heard this causes problems with the original military rubber fuel system parts. Since I have a mechanical pump, I removed the vacuum pump for the windshield wipers, so you have top hand crank those if it rains. I still have it for sale, but I have not been able to get pictures of the bottom done yet. Need my daughter for that and she is difficult to schedule. I have not been advertising it. Just have a for sale sign on it.

Vzike
Sergeant Major of the "G"
Sergeant Major of the "G"

Unread post by Vzike » July 6th, 2017, 12:15 pm

tumblereed wrote:by tumblereed (newbe)
Does the fact that the vehicle has been re welded restrict licensing and registration of the vehicle?
The reality is that the Federal Gvt ordered all M151 series vehicles to be destroyed. It really doesn't matter if it is de-milled and re-welded or escaped the cut, the situation is the same. Some states will not allow and M151 to be titled as an M151. If you have one that way, it may not be register-able in another state. Also, states that require inspections, may have issues with it due to the lack of certain safety equipment. I've had no problem here in Florida. I think there are so few of these actually on the road, that the states focus on real issues, and not these. I have found them with "1970 FORD P/U" on the title, and "1978 AMG Jp" on the title. It is amusing, but seems to work.
tumblereed wrote:by tumblereed (newbe)
I understand that a new motor may detract from an original restoration. Is that the reason for the price difference between this vehicle and one listed above?
I can say, that with the 8 MUTTs I've had ownership of, only one had an engine that could have been original. All the others seemed to be replacements. Unless you are putting together a national show winner, I doubt that a non-matching engine will matter to most buyers.

The cut matters! I've had one re-weld. It was done very well and the drive shaft fit perfectly. The welds were excellent. I've seen others that were not. The cut lowers the marketability of the MUTT.

PPanagakos
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by PPanagakos » July 10th, 2017, 5:34 pm

Mine is title as 1964 Kaiser. The original California Title said the same. There is no inspection in NM to speak of if you have a title. except newer cars have to be emissions tested. I put lap belts in only to keep from being pulled over. In NM, if it was not original equipment, it does not need to be there.