M151A1/A2 for sale Mesa,AZ

Got something you don't need? Sell it here

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

GIJEEPS
Sergeant
Sergeant

M151A1/A2 for sale Mesa,AZ

Unread post by GIJEEPS » February 18th, 2008, 4:30 pm

Hi To All, I'm new to this site. :D Been reading your site postings very cool 8) . Here are a few pic's of my carolina growler for sale. Be gentle :( I put it together from the ground up. It is for sale because I have two of them. The other one is going to be a 6x6. Back to this one. Asking $10,500 frim. Daily driver,1800 miles on it,every thing you see,but the radio mount and cables. They belong to a friend of mine. All feed back is wanted. All ?'s welcome. Thanks BillImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » February 18th, 2008, 5:55 pm

I like it, but I am not prejudiced. They look a lot better than the Encore. 8) I would have bought one when I was looking back in the mid 90's, but had never heard of them. I would be way ahead especially considering time involved when I did my restoration. Thicker metal too. Some people hate them the way they hate the MD Juan jeep bodies. But from what I understand, you could bolt things right together with the Growler body, whereas almost all holes body panels, etc, had to be re-engineered to fit on an MD Juan body. Plus it put more M151s on the road, and in a way that is just another way of "sticking it to the man :!: "

One question, though. Why a wire cutter (nice towbar, Ralph :roll:) when you have the ROPS :?: I would think the ROPS would accomplish the same thing.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

GIJEEPS
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by GIJEEPS » February 18th, 2008, 8:17 pm

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for your ? :D . I have the wire cutter on just to show all the things that come with the mutt :idea: . I hate to let it go but no room at the inn :cry: Thanks Bill

Ralph Fuller
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Ralph Fuller » February 18th, 2008, 9:22 pm

Great Lookin' ride, Bill. Fair price.
I like the idea of the heater and the electric windshield wipers along with the single glass windshield. I thought these vehicles had the A-2 finders with the dip in front, and the steering wheel dished like the A-2. It was a surprise to me. I wish you good fortune. I really like the tow bar....er, wire cutter.
Ralph
1967 M151A1
1967 M151A1
1967 M416
1947 Bantam TC-3 trailer
If The Phone Don't Ring ... You'll Know It's Me
Airborne Ranger CIB Vietnam

GIJEEPS
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by GIJEEPS » February 18th, 2008, 9:40 pm

Hi Ralph,
Thanks for the good review. :D The bodies came w/flat fenders. So I added the A1 steering wheel. Also came w/A1 gas pedal. I tagged the mutt as a 1965 Ford in AZ. :wink: I like the A2 upgrades, comes in easy when you use for a daily driver.

Bill/GIJEEPS

GIJEEPS
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by GIJEEPS » March 3rd, 2008, 5:58 pm

Hey All,

Still up for sale . :D Need to make room for my summer time projects. Great runner and is a true daily driver. Make offer :roll:
Thanks Bill/Gijeeps
M151A1/A2 Carolina Growler X2

bmwr71
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by bmwr71 » March 20th, 2008, 2:02 am

Hello boys and girls. This is my first post on this board. I know that many of you look down on the Growler and I have been warned that if I buy one, I will eventually regret that I didn't get the real thing. But I am still interested in getting information on this vehicle as I might "lower my standards" and consider it. Bill, you can email me at tored1@yahoo.com.

Doug

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » March 20th, 2008, 8:00 am

I don't think there is anything wrong with a Growler. The thing I like about them is that they came with a heavier guage body, and the seems are welded and not just tacked. Consequently, less rust, which is the mortal enemy of the M151 unibody.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

bmwr71
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by bmwr71 » March 21st, 2008, 1:34 am

Raymond, I like the idea of the thicker body and the welds. I am not buying one for parades, reenactments, or a collection (I collect WWII German and would love to own a perfect kubelwagen); I am going to drive it. And that thing with the flopping tits is really distracting. I think I am going to go get a big glass of milk and rub it all over my face.

That does bring up one important question, do hot babes go for MUTTS?

Doug

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » March 21st, 2008, 7:15 am

bmwr71 wrote: And that thing with the flopping tits is really distracting. I think I am going to go get a big glass of milk and rub it all over my face.

That does bring up one important question, do hot babes go for MUTTS?

Doug
Doug

First, that is sexual harrassment, and we won't put up with you creating a hostile environment for my avatar. :wink: :roll: :lol:
As for your question, I have found it is the driver and not the car that the chics dig. :P
Raymond

bmwr71
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: M151A1/A2 for sale Mesa,AZ

Unread post by bmwr71 » March 23rd, 2008, 9:41 pm

Raymond, I keep watching your avatar hoping for a nipple slip and it never happens. It is so hypnotic. Are they real?

Doug

Spike
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by Spike » March 24th, 2008, 11:59 am

I'm starting to see a pattern with you doug. :roll:
As iron sharpens iron ...

bmwr71
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by bmwr71 » March 25th, 2008, 1:04 am

I have to admit, I like women, but not as their "subordinate". I guess I am not as domesticated as some around here. But I am heavily into all sorts of vehicles and mil stuff and even though I don't have an M151 yet, I know quite a bit about vehicle related stuff. Please don't get all upset.

I see a pattern too like some other boards I have been on.

Doug

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » March 25th, 2008, 12:47 pm

I suppose you still believe you should carry a club and hit her on the head whenever you want? I think you have seen this pattern on other boards for a reason. Did you ever think the reason might be you. My wife is a big part of my collecting experience as are other members wives that I see at the shows.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone