FOR SALE::My new uncut M151, what to do with it??????

Got something you don't need? Sell it here

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

sarkis18d
civilian

FOR SALE::My new uncut M151, what to do with it??????

Unread post by sarkis18d » February 23rd, 2008, 6:34 pm

Hey everyone, I am new to the M151 world and know little about what it takes to restore one or even what there worth. I just picked up this m151, told it’s a 196? not a1 or a2 model, missing gas tank and has some engine issue (bent push rod). I do also have another motor that is good (so I was told) I was told it’s uncut and in good shape, but the more I look at it seems like a lot of work. I have no idea where to get parts, even if there available????. What are they worth ???? Any help from where to get parts to tech support would be great. I am in the middle of a an M38 restoration and will have to part it for a year or more due to deployments coming up so I maybe interested in trades for m38 parts or cash if anyone is interested, let me know what you’re offering. Thanks ahead of time for all your help. Check link out for pics.

Sarkis

sarkis_@hotmail.com

http://m151uncut.mypicgallery.com/
Last edited by sarkis18d on March 8th, 2008, 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

64 M151
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

My opion

Unread post by 64 M151 » February 25th, 2008, 9:14 pm

Sarkis

Parts are avaiable for the A1's but very scarse and almost non exsistance for the M151. However A1 parts will work on the M151 as long it is in the 65/66 years. 67/68 A1 models will work for a motor pool restore. Remember that A2 parts for the fore most will not work unless you change out the whole assembly.

It is hard to tell you what it would worth and I assume you would like to make a bit of profit on it but with out actually looking at the vehicle I would roughly say about 500.00.

I bought a A1 MUTT a little over a year ago for parts for my M151 that I paid 1500.00 out of a local salvage yard and I only gave 500.00 site unseen except for pics and shipping costed around 800.00. The shipping cost is the killer.

For my SWAG I would start at 1K for it. The main reason it is very restorable from what I seen so far. I will take a look at the rest of your pics and let you know if you need to go up or down on it.

Later Joe
" Apply The 6 P theroy" (Previous Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance)"
" When something becomes FUBAR We Blame it on SNAFU Then Try to SWAG Our Way Out of it"
"Just my Wooden Nickels worth"

Spike
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by Spike » February 25th, 2008, 10:08 pm

That's a nice looking 151. It is a perfect candidate for restoration. You can find parts.

People in this hobby have different classifications for the restoration.

Factory restoration is basically restoring it to how we think it looked when it rolled off the line.
Motor pool restoration is how a M151 might have look in some motor pool.
The close enough restoration are using a combination of 151, 151A1 & A2 parts.
Bubba restorations. :cry:
Hunting rig, normally performed by Bubba.
The purist restoration, performed by the anal retentive.
The modification-mutt usually performed by the beloved "Hummerkiller"
And of course the "this is how I remember them looking when I was in" Mutt.
The "this is all I can afford restoration."
And the major divorce inciting complete fanatical restoration it's not worth half what I have into resto.

These things are simple and rewarding to work on. I would love to see that one saved.
As iron sharpens iron ...

64 M151
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by 64 M151 » February 25th, 2008, 10:24 pm

Spike

I e-mailed him after taking a look at his pics. It has some seriouse major issues on the right side e.g. battery, tool box floor, outside running board as well as dash issues. It is a early M151A1 about a 65/66. I suggested that he run the BUDD Plate info by Ken the MUTT GURU to make sure.

It is restorable and probly wont have to disassemble it to put on a rotisory to do the repairs.

Later Joe
" Apply The 6 P theroy" (Previous Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance)"
" When something becomes FUBAR We Blame it on SNAFU Then Try to SWAG Our Way Out of it"
"Just my Wooden Nickels worth"

sarkis18d
civilian

Unread post by sarkis18d » March 8th, 2008, 8:25 am

Well My wife found a 68 Mustang she want and our deal was I get my M38 and I get her an early model mustang. Dont have room for 4 jeeps, truck and car so this one will be passed on to a better home instead of parked for the next couple years. It goes as is, no title (sorry) I know very little about this MUTT as I haven't had anytime at all to mess around with it. This is what I can tell you, previous owner stated it ran last year, he found bent push rod, looks like new floors where put in. needs dash work and passanger side is damaged.data plates are missing, everything looks there under the hood, no top or bows, 5 origianl wheels. please ask questions I will do the best to figure out an answer for you. best way to get to me is my hotmail account as I dont get on here as much as I should. Thanks

sarkis_@hotmail.com