(SOLD)My UNCUT unrestored 151 for sale now(SOLD)

Got something you don't need? Sell it here

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

HILLBILLY-06
Sergeant Major of the "G"

(SOLD)My UNCUT unrestored 151 for sale now(SOLD)

Unread post by HILLBILLY-06 » December 7th, 2014, 3:03 pm

Hello everyone, I really did want to keep my 151 and just work on it a little at a time. But my teenage niece has moved in with us, and she aint got no transportation to get her to work or anywhere else. I am willing to sell my 151 or trade it for a good running civilian car or truck or jeep, as long as it is dependable. The first one to show up with a trailer and something in a reasonable offer range or good running dependable vehicle can take it home. I am going to ASK (just ask) a starting price or trade value of $4,500.00 (O.B.O.) and I am not looking to give it away, I would like to get my niece something to drive. This M151 is a strait 151, with some A2 and A1 parts on it, but it is what it is.... As far as me & my family go, We can not be a taxi service for my niece going on who know's how long.
Ya'll think about it, talk about it, and make me some offers please. I don't want to do this, "I need to do this"... HILLBILLY-06

That is all the pics I think that I have, I did do a tail light upgrade kit for it, and they work great. The turn flasher is out of it, I had some issues with it and it don't work. The data plate say's (04-67 FORD M151A1 USMC #335014) I had the State inspector come out and verify the serial number and have had a tag and insurance on it ever since. I do not have a title for it, because it is not required in Alabama for vehicles of that year vintage. I have two sets of military tires and rims and one good spare, All tires hold air and don't leak except one of my extra tires leaks. I have an almost new vinyl top, but no doors or side curtains. Vehicle crank's run drives, but I never drove it outside of the neighborhood. I recommend if you come to get it, that you bring a trailer and ramps. It can be test driven and also driven on the trailer, but I have "zero" on highway experience with it, and don't want any now that I have decided to pass it on to someone else. I really do need to get my niece something to drive. So as I said, talk about it, ask about it, ponder on it, but make me some offers if you are interested. If it takes a little while to work out some logistics on your end, that is fine just let me know. I don't have to sell it right this very second or anything, and I aint exactly bouncing off the wall about doing this, I just need to if you guy's are interested. I offer it here because you all know what it is, waaay more than me, and I am sure someone here can make a good home for it.... HILLBILLY-06 (Dave).
Last edited by HILLBILLY-06 on March 26th, 2015, 12:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"FAMOUS LAST WORDS".... "HEY YA'LL, WATCH THIS"

SEABEE62
Fleet Admiral

Re: My UNCUT unrestored 151 for sale now

Unread post by SEABEE62 » December 8th, 2014, 10:45 am

Hi Hillbilly....Sorry but my wife said no...and if mama said no....it will take me a while to do otherwise :lol: . Also, I saw my hammer in one of your pictures....have you got a Seabee member carrying card to own one ? Just asking ! Best to you, Seabee
1971 M151A2 MUTT , M416 trailer
NMCB 62, Delta Co.,BU2, Gulfport, MS Home Port
VFW 3838, American Legion 63
Seabee Association of America LM , NMCB 62 Assoc.
"Performance Under Fire" US Navy Seabees '69-'72
National Assoc. of Atomic Veterans/ Amchitka
SEMO University Vet Corp Alumni
MVPA#32091

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » December 8th, 2014, 1:28 pm

Yep, That looks like a Seabee hammer all right! :roll: :lol: :lol: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

Mr. Recovery
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Mr. Recovery » December 8th, 2014, 3:00 pm

Hillbilly06, PM sent. :roll:

1960 M151 Run 1
1963 M151 Willys DoD 10-63 in Baltimore
1989 Alley Cat. "work in Progress"
NRA Life Member
American Legion Post 275 Fl
US Army 6 years 2nd Armored Cavalry Bindlach Germany
Colorado Army Nat. Guard 5 years
Md Air Guard 15 years active duty on C-130's

SEABEE62
Fleet Admiral

Unread post by SEABEE62 » December 8th, 2014, 5:52 pm

ALL HAMMERS ARE SEABEE HAMMERS Rick..... :D Seabee
1971 M151A2 MUTT , M416 trailer
NMCB 62, Delta Co.,BU2, Gulfport, MS Home Port
VFW 3838, American Legion 63
Seabee Association of America LM , NMCB 62 Assoc.
"Performance Under Fire" US Navy Seabees '69-'72
National Assoc. of Atomic Veterans/ Amchitka
SEMO University Vet Corp Alumni
MVPA#32091

HILLBILLY-06

Unread post by HILLBILLY-06 » December 8th, 2014, 9:02 pm

LOL, I had that hammer a long time, came with that tool box also partially in the photo... LOL

Glad to see someone found "something" worth talking about in my add... LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

HILLBILLY-06

Unread post by HILLBILLY-06 » December 8th, 2014, 9:02 pm

Oh, the dang hammer aint for sale... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr. Recovery
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Mr. Recovery » December 8th, 2014, 11:06 pm

:D The 151 is worth talking about, it's just that everyone is trying to talk the "money handler" into some kind of deal with Christmas just around the corner. :roll:

1960 M151 Run 1
1963 M151 Willys DoD 10-63 in Baltimore
1989 Alley Cat. "work in Progress"
NRA Life Member
American Legion Post 275 Fl
US Army 6 years 2nd Armored Cavalry Bindlach Germany
Colorado Army Nat. Guard 5 years
Md Air Guard 15 years active duty on C-130's

Austringer
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Unread post by Austringer » December 9th, 2014, 12:12 am

I'd be interested but I have a beast to take care of now, only have room for the beast and a M151 in the garage (M151 spot is currently occupied by the 1962 Ford M151)
Atlanta, GA

1969 M706
1969 M106A2

HILLBILLY-06

Unread post by HILLBILLY-06 » December 9th, 2014, 5:48 am

Mr. Recovery wrote::D The 151 is worth talking about, it's just that everyone is trying to talk the "money handler" into some kind of deal with Christmas just around the corner. :roll:

LOL, I completely understand... and I got your PM... I been slow to respond cause of hunting season, and now I am up waay to early from the crying baby (great nephew)down the hall, LOL I got to get use to that.... I need to train the little guy to start squealing like that at 4:30 am, not 2:00 am... LOL

HILLBILLY-06

Unread post by HILLBILLY-06 » December 20th, 2014, 2:22 am

Trade Offer Pending... :D :D :D
Just wanted to update my post, I do have an offer on the table. I also want to thank everyone who helped me along the way when I was working on the 151, or trying to figure out how stuff worked. I especially want to thank Jason over in Georgia who pointed me over here to this forum from a different forum. I believe it was him and a few others both there and here that helped me to decide about purchasing it in the beginning. You have all been very helpful and supportive, despite my not knowing a thing about these vehicles.
I will not give up on Green Machines all together, perhaps time and fate, or even "luck" will have it that I will find another some day.
I hope to stay with the forum and not get depressed, and can't wait to see some of the more "dedicated members" for lack of better words, keep the hobby going, and I also hope to someday see my old 151 back here on the forums and in some topic of discussion about wearing out the pavement with it or an attempt to break that old speed record with the window down and holding a video camera in one hand. Or maybe how it climbed some big muddy mountain or drove all around some snow covered hills all day long.
I know I will cry when it is gone, that is just a given, but my reason for getting rid of it is family comes first, and that is a responsibility, not a choice. "well it's not a choice for most folks anyway" lets just say I am doing the right thing, and my 151 will someday soon have a good home, "a better home even" than the one I gave it.... HILLBILLY-06 (Dave). :wink:

retiredpara
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: My UNCUT unrestored 151 for sale now(Offer Pending)

Unread post by retiredpara » December 20th, 2014, 5:11 pm

Dave you will always have my respect.
You are selling your jeep, one that you are obviously fond of, in order to help a Niece.
In the end, all of this stuff is just crap. Some of it is painted better, some of it is restored better, some of it runs better than what we have, but it still is just crap.
People, family, those we love, even complete strangers, are what is valuable.
Some men never learn this lesson. You have. I salute you for that! :wink:

HILLBILLY-06

Unread post by HILLBILLY-06 » December 20th, 2014, 6:24 pm

Thanks Brother, words of encouragement are as important as words of wisdom.

I aint gonna tell my niece anything until the deal is done, and something is sitting in the driveway that I can tell her belongs to her.
Sometimes someone just has to step up to the plate, and since I know that this one thing is beyond everyone else around her, I am taking the step up to the plate for this one.

HILLBILLY-06

Unread post by HILLBILLY-06 » March 25th, 2015, 10:53 pm

Buyer is on the way up, I been outside with my 151 all afternoon, getting her ready for an early morning pick up. I filled up the gas tank for him, I washed her off good for the last time and I cranked her up and run her a while. I will crank her once more in the morning, and I guess that will be the last time for me and my M151.
So many things I wanted to do, like so many other project guy's I guess, something more important had to happen in this day and time, something that required me to give it up. I hope the buyer is happy with her when he arrives, and if he is then tomorrow will be the last time I reach over to the dash and flip that power switch on, check my gauges, and give her a crank. But I know she will go to a good home, and not the scrap pile or the DE-mil.
My neighbor on the hill, he is also Vietnam Vet, and very familiar with the 151's, He came down today to see it one more time. I had it in his shop a few weeks back to change the fluids and he really liked it. He has always liked it and got a kick out of seeing it rip the road up all the time around here.
Anyway, she's fueled up, washed, and ready to go, just waiting on the trailer.... When she's gone, I will mark the post Sold, but I will still hang around here a while, I met some good folks here, I got tons of great advice here, so I plan to stay for as long as I can. Maybe one day I will find another 151, but until then, I want to thank all the folks here who helped me so many times to get things done, especially because I never really knew much about it. Folks here on the 838 do know about them all too well, and were a great help to me.... HILLBILLY-06

HILLBILLY-06

Unread post by HILLBILLY-06 » March 26th, 2015, 5:34 am

I am up and ready, waiting for my last hour or so for the buyer to arrive in town. I probably woke a few of the neighbors out there running the 151 this morning, but I don't care. The clock is ticking and time is short now. I will try to let everyone know how it goes today... HILLBILLY-06