M151, A1 and M718 NOS Windshield GLASS Panels

Got something you don't need? Sell it here

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Vzike
Sergeant Major of the "G"

M151, A1 and M718 NOS Windshield GLASS Panels

Unread post by Vzike » September 29th, 2015, 1:12 pm

Just came accross some windshield panels and was told they are M151. These are half panels, for the split windshield. They are NOS, not take outs ..... but.... they were stored in a damp area and have staining in the plastic on the edges. Some will be covered by the gasket, but others will show.

The glass measures 28-3/8" X 13-3/16". If any of you have a 151 or A1, please confirm that the size is correct.

If anyone wants one (I have a few I plan to put up on eBay), let me know.

I've started another restoration project on an A2, so trading is an option. Otherwise, I we can negotiate.

I can ship these sandwiched between plywood and styrofoam sheets. Of course, anyone in Florida can come by and pick it up here.

Vin Zike

Vzike

Re: M151, A1 and M718 NOS Windshield GLASS Panels

Unread post by Vzike » September 30th, 2015, 7:42 am

I just received a message from another G member and appreciate the information. Further, on closer inspection, the staining is in fact inside in the plastic, and in some areas there is delamination.

Here is the message, and thank you for this: just in case you aren't aware of this, what you're seeing around the edge of the glass isn't staining, the glass is actually in the process of de-laminating. this is something that would cause the glass to fail in an impact situation, and not provide the degree of protection for the occupants that it normally would. given it's current condition, there are states in which it would not pass the annual safety examination, and it would need to be replaced before the vehicle could be driven on public roads. i can't speak to any potential for liability on your part for selling an unsafe product, but i thought i would warn you, so you would at least be aware of the risk.

Based on the above information, I won't be offering these for sale.
Vin Zike