A2 "Rust Bucket" Body parts

Got something you don't need? Sell it here

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Vzike
Sergeant Major of the "G"
Sergeant Major of the "G"

A2 "Rust Bucket" Body parts

Unread post by Vzike » November 1st, 2015, 8:34 am

This is an offer for the remnants of Mr. Recovery's rust bucket body tub. I removed the two front fenders, the back top fender corners, and the left side of the transmission well bolt down frame.

If anyone wants any of it, I'd be happy to part with it..... However, there is not a panel on it that does not have significant rust through. It looks like this was recovered from a Florida reef. I'm going to keep it for another few days, then scrap it. If anyone local wants to come and pick up either the front or back halves, you will be welcome to do so (for free). It's not worth the price of the gas to cut it up more. If I chop it with a sawsall, I'll charge for just my time and shipping. Not trying to make money on this, but will do the work to help someone salvage a part.

I think the back frame cross member is usable, as are a few of the upper rails, near the door openings. I may cut off the upper rails for my current project. Sides are gone. Dash panel has some rust through at the top and significant pitting on the face. The firewall has some usable areas, but rust through where water sat on the top surfaces, and anywhere it sat on the ground is GONE.

Look close at the pictures. This is not for the faint of heart.

Vin Zike