1966 M151A1 For Sale in LOUISIANA-SOLD

Got something you don't need? Sell it here

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Rangerboy
Private First Class
Private First Class

1966 M151A1 For Sale in LOUISIANA-SOLD

Unread post by Rangerboy » April 12th, 2016, 10:34 pm

1966 M151A1 Ford M.U.T.T. with BUDD body. The vehicle is titled in the state of LA. When the vehicle was purchased, it was inoperable. Presently, the truck starts, drives, stops very well and the 4 wheel drive is operative. I have approximately $8,000-$10,000 into the vehicle. I would like to part with it for somewhere in the vicinity of the $5,000-$5,500 range. Acceptable and reasonable offers will be considered. Mechanically the Mutt is in good shape but it will require a bit of body work as most do with a vehicle of this age. The wiring harness will probably need to be replaced. The truck has been stored indoors since the purchase, is very clean, and has been hardly driven over the past year or so since it has been restored to running order. In addition, the top is also available and I have a bit of spare parts to go with it as well. SERIOUS inquiries only please. Thanks for viewing the post.

PICTURES OF THE M.U.T.T. CAN BE SEEN ON THE G503 SITE under the same title and listing. :arrow: :o

New batteries
New master cylinder
New wheel cylinders
New brake lines
Drums turned
New exhaust system
New heater shut-off valve kit
Carburetor overhaul kit
Valve cover gasket
Carb fuel filter
Replaced fuel pump, filter and in-tank strainer
Fan belts--(2)
Thermostat
Thermostat gasket
Thermostat housing
Water pump
N.O.S. wheel seal kits
N.O.S.--S/S manifold exhaust
N.O.S. manifold exhaust kit
N.O.S throttle bellow
N.O.S clutch bellow
Replaced shocks front and back
N.O.S. wheel bearings
Wheel bearing races
N.O.S. set of motor mounts
Replaced electronic dist. assembly
Speedometer cable
Vacuum pump rebuilt
Replaced radiator and mounting apparatus
Good rubber on Cooper Military N/D tires
Windshield in good shape with no cracks
Jump seat
Vinyl cover (top) available
Replaced horn/operable
Headlights are operable
Spare tire wrench
Misc. parts available
Under Body Rust Repair Kit still in box
Last edited by Rangerboy on July 29th, 2016, 10:55 am, edited 9 times in total.

Elvis Presley
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: 1966 M151A1 For Sale in the GREAT STATE of LOUISIANA

Unread post by Elvis Presley » April 13th, 2016, 11:18 am

"Not being produced anymore"... where have you been since the 70's ??
(I couldn't help myself :wink: )
1966 M151A1 ___All matching '44 M1 Garand
1951 H&R M1 Garland__1966 Fairlane GTA
1973 Torino wagon_____1942 03A3 - Unissued
1939 Unissued 1903____1944 M1 Inland Carbine
1966 M-16____________1943 1911A1
1918 Model 1917 .45 Revolver
1943 M1 Quality Hardware Carbine
1967 Saginaw 1919A6
1943 Saginaw 1919A4
1952 M1C and M1D Garands
KD8QEQ

Rangerboy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by Rangerboy » April 13th, 2016, 10:36 pm

E.P.....HE was DEFINITELTY by far one of my most famous performers, and to hear the house announcer say "Elvis has left the building" is something that I will never forget! Have you ever heard that? I doubt it. I had the opportunity of seeing him "Live" four times in the "GREAT STATE OF LOUISIANA....A SPORTMANS PARADISE". In addition, I was able to have him on my Hatteras which was ironically named "WOLVERINE" on a fishing trip out of Port Fourchon, LA, which I would be willing to bet that you are unable to pronounce and have never heard of. Come to think of it Sergeant First Class, I do not recall you nor anyone else from Dearborne, MI being on that trip ! Now let’s do the math! Have a great day and thanks for viewing my post!! Nothing like a bit of friendly bantering!! :)

SEABEE62
Fleet Admiral

Unread post by SEABEE62 » April 14th, 2016, 9:04 am

Elvis left the building...... :shock: Welcome aboard Ranger boy ! Seabee
1971 M151A2 MUTT , M416 trailer
NMCB 62, Delta Co.,BU2, Gulfport, MS Home Port
VFW 3838, American Legion 63
Seabee Association of America LM , NMCB 62 Assoc.
"Performance Under Fire" US Navy Seabees '69-'72
National Assoc. of Atomic Veterans/ Amchitka
SEMO University Vet Corp Alumni
MVPA#32091

SEABEE62
Fleet Admiral

Unread post by SEABEE62 » April 14th, 2016, 9:05 am

By the way Ranger boy...pronounce " Cape GIRARDEAU "... :lol: Seabee
MVPA#32091

Rangerboy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by Rangerboy » April 15th, 2016, 11:50 pm

Man, come on now.....that guy moved up there to that Cape area....from somewhere down here! How can a name like that be from Mizzou.....Gee...rar...deaux! That's a born in the south name from the Acadiana Parishes in LA! Did they have to "Show" you all how to elloquate
it? Have a great day! Good natured banter! :D.

199th mp
Major
Major

Unread post by 199th mp » April 16th, 2016, 7:36 am

Rangerboy wrote:Man, come on now.....that guy moved up there to that Cape area....from somewhere down here! How can a name like that be from Mizzou.....Gee...rar...deaux! That's a born in the south name from the Acadiana Parishes in LA! Did they have to "Show" you all how to elloquate
i almost hate to tell you this, but i'm going to fill you in on a small bit of history. the acadians of today are descended from the french canadians who populated the region encompassing south eastern quebec and northern maine. maine is the home of acadia national park. this is the origin of that term. you may be already aware of this, but many aren't. that is also the basis for the dialect of french that was originally spoken by those who moved to that part of the country. as in quebec today, the patois of french spoken in louisiana is quite different from that spoken in france. good luck with your sale. best wishes from a french canadian, and vietnam vet.

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » April 16th, 2016, 8:38 am

Rangerboy wrote:E.P.....HE was DEFINITELTY by far one of my most famous performers, and to hear the house announcer say "Elvis has left the building" is something that I will never forget! Have you ever heard that? I doubt it. I had the opportunity of seeing him "Live" four times in the "GREAT STATE OF LOUISIANA....A SPORTMANS PARADISE". In addition, I was able to have him on my Hatteras which was ironically named "WOLVERINE" on a fishing trip out of Port Fourchon, LA, which I would be willing to bet that you are unable to pronounce and have never heard of. Come to think of it Sergeant First Class, I do not recall you nor anyone else from Dearborne, MI being on that trip ! Now let’s do the math! Have a great day and thanks for viewing my post!! Nothing like a bit of friendly bantering!! :)
I see you doing a lot of bragging about having Elvis on your boat and how he was one or "Your" most famous performers. I am assuming you were a promoter. Do you have any proof to back up these claims? ANYBODY who hosted Elvis has pictures.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

Rangerboy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by Rangerboy » April 16th, 2016, 9:59 am

199th mp wrote:
Rangerboy wrote:Man, come on now.....that guy moved up there to that Cape area....from somewhere down here! How can a name like that be from Mizzou.....Gee...rar...deaux! That's a born in the south name from the Acadiana Parishes in LA! Did they have to "Show" you all how to elloquate
i almost hate to tell you this, but i'm going to fill you in on a small bit of history. the acadians of today are descended from the french canadians who populated the region encompassing south eastern quebec and northern maine. maine is the home of acadia national park. this is the origin of that term. you may be already aware of this, but many aren't. that is also the basis for the dialect of french that was originally spoken by those who moved to that part of the country. as in quebec today, the patois of french spoken in louisiana is quite different from that spoken in france. good luck with your sale. best wishes from a french canadian, and vietnam vet.
Thanks man! Very well aware of that bit of history as well as the Acadiens who presently reside in LA. Awhile back or sometime ago, Nat Geo had a great article about that migration that took place. Thanks for your serivce!!!!

SEABEE62
Fleet Admiral

Unread post by SEABEE62 » April 16th, 2016, 10:00 am

Hi Ranger-boy....Yes, my Grandfather was born in the outskirts of New Orleans, in the sugar cane area....Last name " Giroir "...can you pronounce that ? During WW I He was in the Army and served in France . He also spoke French. Cape Girardeau is heavily influenced from the early French settlements along the Mississippi River , and still leans to the South. Thank you for bringing up our history in New Orleans/French Canadians....Seabee
MVPA#32091

Rangerboy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by Rangerboy » April 16th, 2016, 10:11 am

rickf wrote:
Rangerboy wrote:E.P.....HE was DEFINITELTY by far one of my most famous performers, and to hear the house announcer say "Elvis has left the building" is something that I will never forget! Have you ever heard that? I doubt it. I had the opportunity of seeing him "Live" four times in the "GREAT STATE OF LOUISIANA....A SPORTMANS PARADISE". In addition, I was able to have him on my Hatteras which was ironically named "WOLVERINE" on a fishing trip out of Port Fourchon, LA, which I would be willing to bet that you are unable to pronounce and have never heard of. Come to think of it Sergeant First Class, I do not recall you nor anyone else from Dearborne, MI being on that trip ! Now let’s do the math! Have a great day and thanks for viewing my post!! Nothing like a bit of friendly bantering!! :)
I see you doing a lot of bragging about having Elvis on your boat and how he was one or "Your" most famous performers. I am assuming you were a promoter. Do you have any proof to back up these claims? ANYBODY who hosted Elvis has pictures.
Nope.....General! To be honest with you, I have NEVER been a PROMOTER! The only thing that I promote is educational in nature and I have been doing that for a very long time; preparing youth for tomorrow!! As far as the E.A.P. thing and pics; thats all memories of my past sir! I just wish you could have been there to participate, you missed out on a good time!! Have a great day General; enjoy the fun conversation!! :)

Rangerboy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by Rangerboy » April 16th, 2016, 10:17 am

SEABEE62 wrote:Hi Ranger-boy....Yes, my Grandfather was born in the outskirts of New Orleans, in the sugar cane area....Last name " Giroir "...can you pronounce that ? During WW I He was in the Army and served in France . He also spoke French. Cape Girardeau is heavily influenced from the early French settlements along the Mississippi River , and still leans to the South. Thank you for bringing up our history in New Orleans/French Canadians....Seabee
No problem at all. I enjoy history! New Orleans is a very unique city with a melting pot of culture. Yes that is a name that I am aware of sir; a fairly common name around here. Very french in nature. I worked with a SEABEE; good dude!! :o

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » April 16th, 2016, 4:32 pm

Oh I have spent my fair share of time in Louisiana, Did a lot of surveying there in the 70's and rode my bike there for Mardi Gras up into the 80's. I liked the people I used to meet doing the surveying, once they found out it was just for map making and had nothing to do with taxes AND we were not revenuers they treated us to some of the best backwoods food I have ever had. I even made peace with the gators, Had too since I was a rod man and I was in the water more than out of it. Never saw Elvis in person, he was not really what I was into.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

SEABEE62
Fleet Admiral

Unread post by SEABEE62 » April 16th, 2016, 8:53 pm

By the way....I was stationed at Gulfport with nmcb-62...and went into New Orleans often. Difficulty in trying to blend in with the locals with a military haircut in '69. :D Seabee
MVPA#32091

Rangerboy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by Rangerboy » April 16th, 2016, 10:40 pm

rickf wrote:Oh I have spent my fair share of time in Louisiana, Did a lot of surveying there in the 70's and rode my bike there for Mardi Gras up into the 80's. I liked the people I used to meet doing the surveying, once they found out it was just for map making and had nothing to do with taxes AND we were not revenuers they treated us to some of the best backwoods food I have ever had. I even made peace with the gators, Had too since I was a rod man and I was in the water more than out of it. Never saw Elvis in person, he was not really what I was into.
Yes General....I have been down here ALL of my life and did some "Rod work" myself during that era of time and really enjoyed it. Yes, there were not only gators but cotton mouths as well which can be a bit more frightening; especially when you are in waist deep water and they brush up against you; not a good feeling! E.A.P FOREVER....the KING lives on!! :)