M151A1 possible trade or sale

Got something you don't need? Sell it here

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

PPanagakos
Sergeant
Sergeant

M151A1 possible trade or sale

Unread post by PPanagakos » April 25th, 2016, 10:15 am

I'm in Albuquerque, NM, actually Rio Rancho which is right next to it. I have 1961 Kaiser M151A1. Worked on it for 8 months and have it now running as it should. It was cut but reweld seems solid. The cut was made behind the battery box, through the storage compartment which I understand is preferred. I wanted a Jeep as a second vehicle for summer driving. The M151 is ok, but frankly an older CJ or M38 would be more suitable for me. The M151 is not what I would call restored, but is in Military config and looks pretty good. I did switch to the A2 fuel system, tank and mech pump as I had too much trouble with the electric pump set up. It has new seats, distributor, swiss control ignition, etc. I have good title and it shows 2,100 miles. Came from California. I'm sure it is not the original 1964 motor. From 2009 when titled to now it has run maybe 200 miles. the data plate matches the title, and the odometer matches the milage on the title. I had cylinder head checked and tested, plus inside of motor show very little wear. No cylinder ridge at all. Eng compression is 110 pound per cylinder even for all 4, and I'm at 5000 feat elevation. Has deep fording air intake and exhaust pipe, but don't have the fording valve installed. Also has whip antenna mount and antenna (2 of them so have an extra.) Good tires except the spare has some cuts in the tread. Might trade for a good older CJ or possibly sell. Bought it for $7k and put a few k in it, so I don't have a form price in mind. Feel free to call me with questions if you near me and have an interest. I've been driving it around last few weeks, running fine, but the suspension system may not really be suitable for a lot of paved road use. 505-514-1202