Bell Housing Gasket Set

Need something for your Mutt? Let us know!

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Surveyor
Terminal

Bell Housing Gasket Set

Unread post by Surveyor » September 6th, 2016, 1:41 pm

Only place I see on-line that has them is ArmyJeepParts. Even though they show it available to order online ...

https://www.armyjeepparts.com/p-3004-m1 ... -1355.aspx

I got some other stuff in today and the invoice says they are not available. Anybody have another source for these?
1960 M151 Run #1
"There is one nut on a M151 that is very difficult to remove....." - K8icu
"She ain't a Cadillac and she ain't a Rolls, But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio" - Aaron Tippin

64 M151
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Bell Housing Gasket Set

Unread post by 64 M151 » November 25th, 2016, 8:47 pm

Surveyor wrote:Only place I see on-line that has them is ArmyJeepParts. Even though they show it available to order online ...

https://www.armyjeepparts.com/p-3004-m1 ... -1355.aspx

I got some other stuff in today and the invoice says they are not available. Anybody have another source for these?
I use RTV High TEMP gasket maker/sealant when gaskets aren't available.

Later joe
" Apply The 6 P theroy" (Previous Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance)"
" When something becomes FUBAR We Blame it on SNAFU Then Try to SWAG Our Way Out of it"
"Just my Wooden Nickels worth"

Hambone
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Hambone » November 25th, 2016, 9:21 pm

Try Red River, TNJ, Oshkosh equip.

Hambone
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Hambone » November 26th, 2016, 2:32 pm

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » November 26th, 2016, 6:24 pm

He is looking for the bell housing to block gasket I believe, I never replace that one. I don't plan on submerging it.

I look at it this way, the water is going to get in if the transmission is underwater. How many people are going to put that little plug in? And how many make sure the boot for the clutch rod is new and soft? And haw many check constantly on those flathead screws that hold the flywheel cover that always come loose? That's what I thought. I ran an old Ford Bronco and then a Jeep under water more than above water for years with no waterproofing whatsoever for the clutch. When it went under the clutch went under. The Bronco clutch lasted 170,000 miles of very hard use! The Jeep was converted to automatic with over 100,000 on it. As long as the water can run back out it is going to be better than getting in there and then being held in there for hours be gaskets. The only time I ever had clutch problems was when I was in some very soupy liquid mud, it packed in the clutch and it started slipping bad. Solution was to dive into some clean water and work the clutch a few times to rinse the mud off and all was good after that.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

Surveyor
Terminal

Unread post by Surveyor » November 27th, 2016, 4:42 pm

Thanks for the replies but well past this now. I ended up just making a cork gasket from a roll I got at autozone and reusing the old rubber piece. No plans to submerge.
1960 M151 Run #1
"There is one nut on a M151 that is very difficult to remove....." - K8icu
"She ain't a Cadillac and she ain't a Rolls, But there ain't nothin' wrong with the radio" - Aaron Tippin