Got Parts? Need various misc parts!

Need something for your Mutt? Let us know!

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

TKledzik
Corporal
Corporal

Got Parts? Need various misc parts!

Unread post by TKledzik » April 4th, 2015, 9:36 pm

I'm at the reassembly stage of my 1962 M151(A0) and am looking for a few parts to help put the jeep back as it should be.

1. Side view mirror mounting brackets. Mounts at the windshield bracket. Need 2

2. A1 Windshield mounting brackets. Need 1 (The jeep had an A2 windshield installed on it when I got it. When I mounted the A1 windshield back on it, it became evident that something was horrible wrong. We inspected an A1 and discovered the actual bracket difference. I found one correct bracket in the box of parts, but no luck finding a second.

3. Windshield hard lines and mounting hardware for wiper motors.

4. Need a box(?) at least 6 of the rubber headlamp mount hardware. Not sure what these are actually called at the moment...

I also need to locate new hard lines for the brakes and fuel system. If you know of a vendor that has these item- please drop me a note.

PM me if you have any of these items to sell. I'm in the Tampa Bay, FL area.

Thanks for the help!
Tad

rickf
General
General

Re: Got Parts? Need various misc parts!

Unread post by rickf » April 5th, 2015, 9:36 am

You should be able to take the windshield hinges off of the A2 windshield and put them on the A1 windshield if you want to avoid trying to get those screws out of the body. They have a bad habit of breaking the capture nut loose and then you have a nightmare of a time getting to them. And although I have not proven it yet I believe the A2 set will give you just a hair more clearance for the gasket which is thicker for the A2 and is the only one available now.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

Bucolic
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by Bucolic » April 6th, 2015, 1:06 am

Contact MilitaryJeep.com. I was at his shop about a month ago and he offered me a set of hard lines for the A-1 wipers. I turned him down as I am using all rubber hoses.
The guy that runs it is:
Steve Kopito at
MilitaryJeep.com
Owens Export Services
9510 Owensmouth Ave Unit 4
Chatsworth, CA 91311
818-772-0806
steve@militaryjeep.com
I've dealt with him for several items and I've always felt he did me right.
Last edited by Bucolic on April 6th, 2015, 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964 M151 A1

TKledzik
Corporal
Corporal

Unread post by TKledzik » April 6th, 2015, 7:22 am

Bucolic wrote:Contact MilitaryJeep.com. I was at his shop about a month ago and he offered me a set of hard lines for the A-1 wipers. I turned him down as I am using all rubber hoses.
I've dealt with him for several items and I've always felt he did me right.
Thanks Steve

TKledzik
Corporal
Corporal

Unread post by TKledzik » April 6th, 2015, 7:25 am

rickf wrote:You should be able to take the windshield hinges off of the A2 windshield and put them on the A1 windshield if you want to avoid trying to get those screws out of the body. They have a bad habit of breaking the capture nut loose and then you have a nightmare of a time getting to them. And although I have not proven it yet I believe the A2 set will give you just a hair more clearance for the gasket which is thicker for the A2 and is the only one available now.
This was a complete rebuild so there are no screws to wrestle with- it was more about putting it back together correctly. As a matter of fact, there are no capture nuts for these bolts on my body. Removing the windshield mounted hinges is certainly another approach to consider. Thanks for idea.
Tad