Get creative - Retro style

This is a spot for posting those old photos of your service days, your favorite tractor, whatever...Don't be shy we all love looking at pictures! No Nekkid People though, this is a "G" rated site!

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Get creative - Retro style

Unread post by m3a1 » August 28th, 2016, 11:17 pm

I know there are some old school rodders among you. Many, many coats of paint and a whole bunch of hand-sanding went into getting "the look." Even the cracked paint was done on purpose. If you liked the 60's, and if you like rat rods, and if you like Rat Fink, you'll love this!

Enjoy!

rickf
General
General

Re: Get creative - Retro style

Unread post by rickf » August 29th, 2016, 9:14 am

Big Daddy Ed Roth, I have a couple autographed pictured from him. Working at a dragstrip got me the opportunity to meet and talk to him several times. He was a fun guy and about as far out as his creations. That is a neat item to have.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Re: Get creative - Retro style

Unread post by m3a1 » August 29th, 2016, 10:41 am

Yep. I made this up especially for a cousin of mine. He has some buddies who are deeply involved in rodding and he spends a lot of time helping out and drooling over their stuff. I can't give him a street rod but I can give him something for them to drool over. This was meant to be the perfect addition to a shop or man cave. This particular machine is a Northwestern Model 60 and replacement parts are cheap and plentiful so if you want to build one, don't hesitate. They are as simple as dirt. A cautionary note, though. They still make these and it is often cheaper to buy a new one than to refurbish an old one for a project.