MidOhio show

This is the place to let us know about your upcoming event, rally, parade, swap meet, etc.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

ltsimp
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

MidOhio show

Unread post by ltsimp » March 28th, 2009, 8:57 am

I'm sure that you are all on top of this and that I must have let it slip by. Is there going to be a MidOhio show this year? If so, any plans yet? I sure hope it is going to happen as I had a great time putting faces to names. Thanks guys.

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: MidOhio show

Unread post by Rainman » March 28th, 2009, 10:23 pm

Hey Steve,

Yes, there will be a 2nd annual Mid-Ohio same location. I'll get the details together and make a post for all. Hope we get as many 151's this year as last. We sure made a great showing last year!

Rainman
M151 World Land Speed Record Holder

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » March 29th, 2009, 8:22 am

Alright, here's the lowdown on Mid-Ohio 2009...

Friday July 24th - Saturday July 25 - Sunday July 26th

A THREE DAY DISPLAY AND GATHERING OF
VINTAGE CIVILIAN WILLYS JEEPS
AND EQUIPMENT !
Featuring Historic Military Vehicles of all ages and
HUGE Vintage Parts Market
Purveyors of Surplus, and Military Collectibles
And Just Plain Cool Military Stuff

Here's the site for further information!
http://www.ferret-afv.org/MidOhio/MOMVSS.htm

See ya there!

Rainman

ltsimp
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread post by ltsimp » March 29th, 2009, 10:35 am

Thanks Rainman. I am looking forward to seeing everyone again this year.

Ford GP

Unread post by Ford GP » April 15th, 2009, 6:27 pm

Hi Guys,
I am one of the show coordinators. We had a really great response from last years show and I have to say you all were a big part of the reason everyone had such a great time. This year the swap meet will be even bigger, with three days, and we hope to have some living history displays with re-enactors. I think Bob C is again planning a convoy to Sunbury. The civilian side is likely to grow as well. Ya gotta love that pink surrey jeep last year. Here is the listing for the show:

The Buckeye Military Vehicle Collectors will be sponsoring the
SECOND ANNUAL
MID-OHIO MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW AND SWAP MEET!

Friday July 24th through Sunday, July 26th 2008 (now a three day show)
Times 0800 to 1700!

Admission is free with a modest $5.00/per car parking fee.

The show will be located at the Cardinal Center Campground, at Exit 140 directly off Interstate 71. This location is just 17 miles north of Polaris Mall, and is midway between Columbus and Mansfield. It is a large venue and offers numerous amenities for both Vendors and Buyers with room to grow!

There will be military vehicles of all ages and types as well as displays of Vintage Civilian Willys Jeeps and Equipment!

Check out our website for additional information as well as a printable flier.
http://www.ferret-afv.org/MidOhio/MOMVSS.htm

Have some items to sell, But cant Justify a whole space? Check out our consignment Booth. Just $1.00 per item!

The response from last years show was incredible. We anticipate the 2009 show to be huge!

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » April 15th, 2009, 8:46 pm

Hey Brian,

Thanks for your input for the thread for the Mid-Ohio event for 09. We of "The 8" tried our best to support the first annual, and thank you for your efforts in our hobby. We truly appreciate the focus you allowed the M151's in 2008. We M151 owners were given a location of honor at the front gate. :D As you know, it was the event of the season for 'The 8". We'll do our best to make as good a showing at the 09 Mid-Ohio event. :D

To all who were not aware, a couple of the events in Ohio had been discontinued in past years due to insurance costs, lawsuits, and poor attendance that had resulted in event cancellations. :evil: The result and solution was The Mid-Ohio Military Vehicle Rally. In it's first year it gathered many military vehicle enthusiast, and a bunch of antique civilian jeep owners together in a super location for a swap meet/public viewing of our beloved JEEPS, mutts to you softcore guys, oh yeah and other military vehicles like MB's GP's, Ferret's and Deuces, etc. :roll: Great event, I recommend it to anyone within 12 hours travel time. Brian and Tom put on a first rate event, well managed, and well attended. It even rousted HTN out of West Virginia and TBanks out of Kentucky! We Ohio members still have Findlay, Marlboro, and Hallsville, but the Mid-Ohio was the best!

Let it be known, I am not a purist, I just never called em mutts "back in the day" Heck, my A2 is a hybrid of original A2 and repro panels. Just found a picture of myself during basic training at Ft. Polk Dec 73, the weekend after a day at Tigerland. Damn, I was a just a kid... so much for my old memories, I'll make a few new memories at the 2009 Mid-Ohio. :D

Rainman

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » April 15th, 2009, 8:54 pm

You gonna show that picture? :twisted:

Rick
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » April 15th, 2009, 9:20 pm

Hey Rick,

I will indeed, I promise. Took it to breakfast this AM for my daughter to see. She swears it looks like her "brother with glasses", so I guess thats a sure sign he's mine. You know what they say, "Mommy's baby, Daddy's maybe"! It's a real hoot! I'll post it when I can scan a recent picture and get them both side by side. :lol:

Rainman

Anybody see that British Idol contestant that sang like a star? Increadable!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luRmM1J1sfg

Motorcityman
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Unread post by Motorcityman » April 15th, 2009, 10:31 pm

Sorry to hijack here but how well of a supply of spares do the vendors have for MUTT's at Findlay?

If I have mine done by july I will bring it down to the mid-ohio show, seems it's only a three hour drive or so from Detroit.

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » June 29th, 2009, 1:34 am

UPDATE: The 2nd Annual G838 Ohio Pizza Double Header Convoy is on schedule.
Last years "1st Annual G838 Ohio Pizza Double Header Convoy" will repeated again, and this year and will be joined by other members of the Mid-Ohio MV rally. Only a few M151's confirmed so far, with Devil Dog aka: "Shawshank" the most recent commitment. Last year we had four (4) G838 M151's and Ian Wallace's Ferret in the "1st Annual G838 Ohio Double Header Pizza Convoy". This year "Sir" Ian Wallace is at present, on the Coast to Coast Convoy from DC to San Fran, bless his poor old tired royal as$. :lol: With luck, he'll be back an ready to run in our "2nd Annual G838 Ohio Double Header Pizza Convoy" again, this year as an honored guest :D . 3,200 miles on a British Enfield (BMW) 350cc motorbike. Think of the tales his royal tail could tell. :lol: If you think you can make it the Mid-Ohio, or have a friend with an MV or a vintage Willys that lives within a few hours of Columbus, the Mid-Ohio is worth the drive, if only for the "2nd Annual G838 Ohio Double header Pizza Convoy". :lol: Be there...or be without G83 Ohio Convoy Double Header pizza... :P GET YOURS NOW! 2nd Annual G838 Ohio Double Header Pizza Convoy tee shirts go on sale soon (maybe :roll: ). Don't miss out, place your $20 advanced orders right now at ---------------- . Seriously, I may have some made up so let me know if there is any interest and I'll get art work to the silkscreen man. What's our official G838 Double Header Pizza Convoy logo Moose? The happy guy in the A2 you had posted or should I use my own double header pizza convoy artistic license? This is a great showing to the community we expect to put up with us for the weekend, so the more MV's and G838 convoyeurs the better! :lol:
Rainman
No Interest = No Shirts. Maybe next year
Last edited by Rainman on July 28th, 2009, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moose53
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by moose53 » June 29th, 2009, 6:29 am

You can incorporate the official G838 logo in your design if you want, or go with your own unique creation....
What is the pizza convoy? more than everyone driving to the pizza booth at Mid-ohio I hope...lol

Jim
Zigzag50, Northeast51, KC2QDZ
MVPA # 30032 G838.org

--------------------------------------
1971 G838-M151A2 1966 G857-M416
1968 G748-M101A1 1976 G748-M116A1
1990 MEP-701A

--------------------------------------
Real jeeps have horizontal grille slots

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » July 1st, 2009, 9:29 am

Well Moose, it's like this...
Last year on 2 nights of the Mid-Ohio Rally we G838 members along with Ian Wallace convoyed into the town of Sunbury to a local pizza shop for refreshments and good times. It seems from last year my pictures are no longer showing up, so will have to search them out and get them up again, though TX's pictures in Ian's Ferret are still visable. As posted in another thread, Ian has been injured on the TMC so his participation may be in question. Might be tough climbing into a Ferret with a leg cast on. Hope he makes the show at least.
Rainman

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » July 1st, 2009, 9:49 am

I can tell you from experience that unless he has a tight cast he is not going to be wanting to do a lot of hobbling around for a while. He is going to lose feeling in a lot of his leg but I can assure you that you feel every one of those screws and pins!! I will bet he is back on a bike by next spring though. :wink:

Rick
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

TrueXena
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by TrueXena » July 23rd, 2009, 8:36 am

*crawls out of her hiddy-hole*

Yo, Hubby, myself & the kids will be attending. We went with the whole rental of cabin thing, and are gonna make it a vacation.

We'll be setting up today (after 1pm) with a bunch of 'stuff' hubby has gotten hold of. We'll be leaving sometime Sunday (not sure when).

Cya all there who's planning on making it.

*crawls back into her hiddy-hole*
Later dayz,
TrueXena
1966 M151A1 - Daily Driver
1964 M151A1 - Restoring
1977 M151A2 - Restoring
1978 M416
1952 M37 - Restoring

toptiger
Colonel
Colonel