Hallsville show

This is the place to let us know about your upcoming event, rally, parade, swap meet, etc.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

halftracknut
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Hallsville show

Unread post by halftracknut » June 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am

I have heard thru the grapevine that the hallsville show is back on? Could some of the ohio members find out if this is true and post some info ? I hear that this is the last show and that it is all free and they want to make it the largest ever??? Ray have you heard anything???
slowest mutt east of the missippi..

cstaup
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Hallsville show

Unread post by cstaup » June 3rd, 2010, 9:59 am

Just lookin' here http://ohiomotorpool.oldmv.com/newsletters/10may.pdf I don't see nuthin'. It would be nice though.
Last 2Δ Command Group NCOIC

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » June 3rd, 2010, 1:30 pm

Hey HTN,
Since I have been off the mainland, I have not heard about the reinstatement of the Hallsville event other than what you sent me in a PM. It had been announced at the February meeting of The Ohio Motorpool, that the event was officially canceled due the the poor health of Russ Jones at the Sam Werner Museum located in Hallsville, Oh. At that time it was reported that the event would be replaced by an event in Shiloh, Ohio that same weekend. I will do my best to confirm the status of these 2 events.
Rainman
M151 World Land Speed Record Holder

halftracknut
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by halftracknut » June 3rd, 2010, 3:44 pm

I heard from a good source that russ would be celebrating his 80th birthday and that this would be the last event he would host....

cstaup
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by cstaup » June 9th, 2010, 4:47 pm

http://www.g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=164336 must be true, 'cause I saw it on the internet!

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » June 9th, 2010, 10:51 pm

Well, that's "IT" then. Thanks for the confirmation Cstaup. There you have it, dualing shows in Ohio competing for our attentions. As much as I appreciate what Russ and Gladys have done for the hobby in the past, I might have to go with The Ohio Motorpool venue, and just send Russ and Gladys a "thank you for everything" card. I can drive the A2 to Shiloh, and Hallsville is just that, a haul. TBanks, where you goin to peddle your wares? Hallsville attracts vendors that have no intention of making a profit. That's not a bad thing, they come to support Russ and Gladys and to see old friends. At Hallsville there's more than one aisle of vendors, and great folks like John Moore, Ron Alred, Tbanks and HTN ! :D At Shiloh will likely be Don and Ann Winegarden, Dave Thomas, the Hess's, and other OMP members. So many shows, so little time. :roll:

Rainman

halftracknut
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by halftracknut » June 9th, 2010, 11:25 pm

Hallsville for me for sure .... plan to be at mid ohio also...htn

mrdibbles
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by mrdibbles » June 10th, 2010, 12:14 am

Why are all these shows so darn far away from TX? BTW... HTK you may want to change your photo... isn't that the Mutt you just sold to Clell?
1992 Mercedes-Benz 250GD Wolf - Former German Army
St. Augustine, Florida

tbanks
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread post by tbanks » June 10th, 2010, 8:57 pm

Rainman I will most likely be at the Shiloh show.Like you I appreciate what Russ has done for the hobby but my understanding is ( if Im wrong please let me know) the Hallsville show was cancelled and someone in the OMP picked up the date, then the Hallsville show was back on.
As a vendor/ collector it costs me about 600.00 to go to a 2-3 day show.In the last 2 out of 3 years at Hallsville we just didnt do the sales to warrent going back.I didnt make it last year due to a family comittment.
As a "younger guy" in this hobby Im also interested in seeing shows grow that are close to my area.The Mid Ohio is a prime example.I hope this gets worked out to keep from stepping on anyones toes.The Ohio Motot Pool seems to have a very good slate of events throughout the year and by some comments here on the G838 seems to be about one of the most active groups going.

cstaup
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by cstaup » June 10th, 2010, 9:40 pm

Hallsville also here. (more Bengals fans) :D

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » June 10th, 2010, 9:51 pm

Hey Tony,
I'm not going to stand on a soapbox on this, but yes I know for a fact the Shiloh show date was established to replace the Hallsville cancellation. Shiloh was done last year also, but not as a replacement event, it had a date all it's own. The Ohio Motor Pool group with best intentions scheduled to fill the hole. I know nothing from a vendors perspective at last years Shiloh.
Rainman

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » June 13th, 2010, 4:33 pm

Shiloh/Hallsville dates of August 20, and 21, 2010

Latest Update from my soapbox:

Had the chance to discuss the situation with many folks these last few days, I was pointed back to "the other side" for that update and to see Ron Alreds seemingly angry comments about the situation and against the Ohio MotorPool group. My new understanding is that vendor volunteers have stepped up to the plate to re-establish the Hallsville show as a farewell event/80th birthday party for Russ. The mowing and preparation might also be done by those volunteers to have a last hoorah. Great guys, great folks, free to the public and vendors this year I guess. It's kind of a one day event at best for most visitors unless you sleep in your car, though there is some primitive on site camping for vendors. I love Hallsville, the little museum, and Russ and Gladys, but it's coordinate is near that place in B.F. Egypt. :roll: Only 20 minutes from beautiful downtown Chillicothe and that aromatic paper mill. :|

The Ohio MotorPool contacted Gladys in November for a date to put in the OMP newsletter and was informed that Hallsville was canceled. It was also pronounced dead in the Christmas card mailing from Russ and Gladys last year. They were in contact with, and offered and provided OMP with their vendors list to assist with the transfer of the show to the Shiloh location. The Ohio MotorPool is a fantastic MVPA affiliated group with a full color newsletters monthly, with classified ads and all, just like a home town "Supply Line" publication. Not only did the OMP support the Hallsville show over the years, they made many cash donations to the event, and even held it's monthly meeting there, clear across the state from headquarters to boost OMP attendance of that show. To accuse the OMP of a slight to Hallsville is just misguided and wrong. It was not a lack of planning, it's just regrettable. We will all be going to the 3rd annual Mid-Ohio event together hosted by the Buckeye Club, and next year the MVPA National will be in Dayton, so Ohio is a very active state because of organizations like the Buckeye Military Club, the Marlboro Volunteers, and the Ohio MotorPool. We're blessed with many military museums, air museums, and Wright Patterson AFB. So many events, so little time :mrgreen:

Shiloh is in it's 2nd year and provides primitive camping and 140 acres for trail rides. It will also be the OMP meeting for August. I understand the desire of the vendors to resurrect the Hallsville show like an Ohio phoenix, but that date had already been re-established with full disclosure and the blessings of Russ and Gladys. Sorry bout that, but The Ohio MotorPool had only best intentions, and while a conflict is regrettable, the show must go on with the date that had been announced in February. It's way too late to reschedule the Shiloh event. Here's the link to the OMP site... http://ohiomotorpool.oldmv.com/ The event locations are 132 miles apart. and have completely different areas to draw visitors from. Most lookers would not drive 2 1/2 hours just to window shop an MV rally, though hobbyists would. For one year only vendors might have to miss one or the other, but next year Shiloh will again coordinate with other events within a few hundred miles. No black eyes are deserved nor toes intentionally stepped on. Life will go on for most of us, It is entirely possible to visit both shows on separate days if your really hardcore. :D Wherever you decide to go, there will be great MV folks to greet you when you arrive. TonyBanks, help me down off this soapbox. I'm gettin too old to type this much. :|