The Gilbert Report

This is the place to let us know about your upcoming event, rally, parade, swap meet, etc.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

The Gilbert Report

Unread post by Rainman » September 21st, 2010, 12:11 am

Hey Guys,
Back from the 2 day event at Gilbert, Pa. My first trip to Gilbert, but it was better than the scouting reports I had already heard from past shows. The G838 was well represented, though not dominant in club affiliation numbers. I honestly never took the time to wander the vehicle show area, but concentrated on the hundred plus vendors with literally tons and tons of wares. I watched 2 huey tails get hauled away from the sales area. Lots of radios at this event and I picked up an RC-292 and OE-254 antennas, many cables, ammo holders and cans, vinyl doors and side curtain set, and an MEP-15A 1.5 KW generator. Also snagged 4 full fire extinguishers and a pair of brackets, all need work and paint in my opinion, and other miscellaneous OD stuff. Best part is I didn't need a 2 hundred mile flat bed tow to get home. :D Oh yeah, and I had a camera...

Here's Diamond Jim and DSW...

Yours truly, DSW(Scott) and higgs(Scott Higgins)...

How about the high ranking General Rick...

This was like the only M151 inside the fence, and it is what it is I guess. Notice I caught a blonde 2 outa 3...

G383.org members not pictured are TBanks, Bill, lilreddodge, Tom Woboldt, and Frank(unsure if his nick). I'm sure I have forgotten someone, sorry. :roll:
Rainman
M151 World Land Speed Record Holder

Floyd
Captain
Captain

Re: The Gilbert Report

Unread post by Floyd » September 21st, 2010, 11:56 am

Thanks for the SITREP Rainman, looked like good weather and a good show. Rick was eyeing the 151 engine parts on those tracks. I saw the Jatonka sign in the background, I need a bunch a parts from him. Should have been there.

Floyd
1961 M151
1967 M416
1988 M35A2C
VFW Life Member
NRA Life Member

Crusader_22
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: The Gilbert Report

Unread post by Crusader_22 » September 21st, 2010, 2:05 pm

It's always nice to put faces with the names. Thanks for posting!

I want a Hawk missile carrier. A tracked vehicle with an M151 engine. What could be better? :mrgreen:
11 yrs Army NG, currently full time AH-64D Apache Longbow crewchief
Former 11B, 32 IN BDE, WIARNG "RED ARROW!" OIF 3 2005-2006
General know it all jerk 42 years and running.

SOLD 1971 AM General M151A2
SOLD 1966 USMC M416