MVCC Camp Delta (formerly Tower Park) Spring Meet

This is the place to let us know about your upcoming event, rally, parade, swap meet, etc.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Jetnoise400
Sergeant
Sergeant

MVCC Camp Delta (formerly Tower Park) Spring Meet

Unread post by Jetnoise400 » April 3rd, 2008, 4:37 pm

Military Vehicle Collectors of California Spring Camp Delta meet, April 13 - 20. All the details can be found here: http://www.mvccnews.net/event_pages/tow ... spring.htm

I can confirm that at least one A2 will be there (mine) :D
Sean Nichols
MVCC
MVPA #24983
--------------------
'42 IHC FFN-3 Crash Truck (under restoration)
'71 M151A2
'85 M1038

Bill, Idaho
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: MVCC Camp Delta (formerly Tower Park) Spring Meet

Unread post by Bill, Idaho » April 5th, 2008, 2:30 pm

The Idaho guys, (minus Ferrin), will be there sometime late Sunday and will leave the following Sunday, but we will probably be gone on either Monday or Tuesday. We are dropping off the big trailer and then driving somewhere south a couple of hours to pick up a MULE that Duane bought. I sure wished I knew someone coming up from where ever the MULE is and could save us the extra trip within a trip.
Oh well, we'll be there with a little more stuff than usual. We going to have to pack the trailer a little better. We are looking forward to seeing and meeting the new G838 guys.
Look me up, I will be over by the Idaho guys. There will be a MULE with an M-60 mounted on it parked out front. I get to be the old bald one with the limp.

Jetnoise400
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by Jetnoise400 » April 7th, 2008, 12:38 pm

Bill, did I remember you saying somewhere that Idaho Motor Pool was going to be there?
Sean Nichols
MVCC
MVPA #24983
--------------------
'71 M151A2
'85 M1038

Bill, Idaho
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by Bill, Idaho » April 9th, 2008, 2:55 pm

Yeah, I was just over at Alex's. He has to deliver some green stuff near Tower Park (relatively speaking), so he won't cast a shadow there until Wednesday, or more than likely Thursday. Did you want me to have him throw something in particular on the trailer for you?

Jetnoise400
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by Jetnoise400 » April 9th, 2008, 5:33 pm

If he had room for a Mutt rifle mount kit, I'd be pleased to purchase it from him there. No biggie if it won't work out, but great if he can.

Thanks,
Sean
Sean Nichols
MVCC
MVPA #24983
--------------------
'71 M151A2
'85 M1038

Bill, Idaho
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by Bill, Idaho » April 9th, 2008, 6:11 pm

Ok, I'll ask him to toss one in for ya, but you will need to chase him down when he gets there. He usually parks and hangs out with Jon Bircheff. But if you have a hard time finding him, chase me down.

Jetnoise400
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by Jetnoise400 » April 9th, 2008, 7:31 pm

I've never met him so I wouldn't even know who to go looking for. So I'll see if I can find you, and then we can go from there.

Thanks!
Sean Nichols
MVCC
MVPA #24983
--------------------
'71 M151A2
'85 M1038

Bill, Idaho
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by Bill, Idaho » April 10th, 2008, 2:46 pm

Ok, I told Alex, he'll throw one on the trailer. He should be there late Thursday or Friday morning. Look me up, I get to be the bald guy with the limp over by the Idaho guys (the space with all the patches, badges, brass, pins, insignia, uniforms ,collectables)
See ya'll in a few days.

Jetnoise400
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by Jetnoise400 » April 10th, 2008, 5:08 pm

Thanks Bill... I know right where you are. I'll be the guy with the flat top and the ZZ Top looking beard. (No, really :D ) See you on Friday.

-S
Sean Nichols
MVCC
MVPA #24983
--------------------
'71 M151A2
'85 M1038

Bill, Idaho
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by Bill, Idaho » April 23rd, 2008, 8:30 pm

Well, whilst I was gone my computer hiccuped.
Tower Park went weird this year. We got there Sunday, and ate at the Flyin J 5 miles down the road before we got to the park. Ten minutes after we got to the park, Duane complained of an upset stomach. Within 10 minutes he was sick as a dog, leaving Irv and I to set up and get things ready for the week. Late Tuesday he was pretty well back up to speed. I flipped him a bunch of static, and we all laughed.
Thursday afternoon, I was sitting there talking to a guy, and within 10 minutes, I went from an upset gut to the same problems Duane had. I couldn't eat or even drink a sip of water without it returning post haste. My bout lasted only about a day, but what I lacked in time (compared to Duane), I made up for in intensity.
I found MUTT passenger door straps for $5.00, and my prize find was a Gama Goat (specific) NOS radio mount plate laying on the ground at a vendor (that I would have thought would have known what it was and its value). It was marked for $10.00, which quickly changed hands. Not many rare MUTT parts.
I guess I missed any of the G838 guys and a few from the other website (Steel Soldiers) during my demise. The hospitality was unreal. Everyone was top-notch and we were offered more food than we could have ever eaten.
One thing that I did notice was the large number of RT524 radios there for sale that were alleged to work. I spent a little time at the camp next to ours, where a radio guru friend of mine stayed, (Glen) and watched as he checked them. I think only 1 or 2 actually worked as claimed, the rest were "display-or fix".
Can't wait for the fall meet.

Jetnoise400
Sergeant
Sergeant

Unread post by Jetnoise400 » April 24th, 2008, 12:01 pm

Sorry you got sick Bill. I went looking for you on Thursday, but you had already succumbed to the "curse of the flying J". Sorry I missed you, but I'm glad you did get to salvage some of the trip and get some goodies.

I got a few Mutt bits I was looking for, and a 1 pin slave cable for a steal of a deal.

I'm starting to get photos in and will start posting them to our website soon... should have something up there by the end of the weekend.

-S
Sean Nichols
MVCC
MVPA #24983
--------------------
'71 M151A2
'85 M1038