Need someone in the KC area (electrical)

a place to discuss anything of interest to owners of M151 jeeps

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

acudanut

Re: Need someone in the KC area (electrical)

Unread post by acudanut » October 17th, 2018, 4:19 pm

Rick, "the #71 wire to the wiper motor which you don't have. These are the only wires off of the ignition switch that are not protected by a breaker. The rest of the #27 circuit to the dash panel is protected. Where is the # 71 wire going."
I do have a A2 windshield with a motor.

acudanut

Unread post by acudanut » October 17th, 2018, 8:27 pm

GREAT NEWS. THE 62 RUNS AGAIN.
Thanks to Rick, He had me thinking about my A2 wiper motor wires and guess what... I wired it wrong. I had a positive wire grounded to the fire wall.
What a relief and Thanks to all who gave me insight and help

acudanut

Unread post by acudanut » October 17th, 2018, 8:31 pm

Lessoned learned here. Don't be afraid to rewire any pre A2 Jeep.

Fil Bonica
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Fil Bonica » October 18th, 2018, 12:08 pm

One thing to keep in mind.
Given the fact that the wire was not protected by a breaker and you described melting at the battery terminal I would be watchful for any internal harness fault or fusing insde the ignition switch.

Fil Bonica
K1ABW

acudanut

Unread post by acudanut » October 19th, 2018, 12:17 am

I kept the battery cover off, to listen for this kind of trouble. It was only on for 1 second the first 2 times I tried to find my problem. Everyone should remove the battery box cover when trying anything like this. (my 2 cents).
I will look again at all wires. Thanks again.

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » October 19th, 2018, 8:51 am

You are lucky the battery terminals were loose! If they had been tight as they should be then they would not have sparked nor would they have made a sound. The only thing that would have happened is all the magic smoke would have been let out of that wiper wire. And that smoke would have in turn let the magic smoke out of all the wires next to it.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

acudanut

Unread post by acudanut » October 19th, 2018, 2:36 pm

rickf wrote:You are lucky the battery terminals were loose! If they had been tight as they should be then they would not have sparked nor would they have made a sound. The only thing that would have happened is all the magic smoke would have been let out of that wiper wire. And that smoke would have in turn let the magic smoke out of all the wires next to it.
That is why I did this. You can't listen to anything if things like this happen.