RE: Image Enhancement

a place to discuss anything of interest to owners of M151 jeeps

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

muttguru
Colonel
Colonel

RE: Image Enhancement

Unread post by muttguru » November 26th, 2018, 6:30 pm

Hello folks.... It's me with a question for you IT-types. I look at just about every picture posted on the boards, looking for mutt serial/registration details etc for my records.

Every so often someone posts a picture .....there a new one in the "For Sale" section right now. I can see the BUDD plate but I can't make out the serial number even though I use the magnifier and an image program.

Can anyone recommend a program that will REALLY enhance a poor-quality image.....you know, like the the ones used by Mulder in X-Files, or FBI Most Wanted etc...... thanks....Ken :?:
Kind regards....
Ken

Always wanted - Details and pictures of M416 Trailer data plates & M151 data plates & body-tags for my research. Thanks!

Contact address - - muttguru@aol.com

Note for 2023..... Ken..."Less Stress - More Exercise!"

raymond
Major General
Major General

Re: RE: Image Enhancement

Unread post by raymond » November 26th, 2018, 11:07 pm

Ken

Have you tried these guys :?: :idea:

It is my understanding that they have the best image analysis software on the planet :wink:

https://www.cia.gov/contact-cia/index.html
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

muttguru
Colonel
Colonel

Re: RE: Image Enhancement

Unread post by muttguru » November 27th, 2018, 6:45 am

raymond wrote:Ken

Have you tried these guys :?: :idea:

It is my understanding that they have the best image analysis software on the planet :wink:

https://www.cia.gov/contact-cia/index.html
Raymond.... I'll give them a try..... the National Reconnaissance Office and NSA both said they would love to help but advised that the cost of postage to the UK was prohibitive :D
Kind regards....
Ken

Always wanted - Details and pictures of M416 Trailer data plates & M151 data plates & body-tags for my research. Thanks!

Contact address - - muttguru@aol.com

Note for 2023..... Ken..."Less Stress - More Exercise!"