Kudos to Surplus City Jeep Parts

a place to discuss anything of interest to owners of M151 jeeps

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Kudos to Surplus City Jeep Parts

Unread post by m3a1 » December 10th, 2018, 11:54 pm

Hey gang. I ordered a full set of new-made front seat pads from Surplus City Jeep Parts and once I got my order, I had some difficulty with the seat bottoms. (I'm the guy who can go to any store and pick up the ONLY item that has no SKU number on it or, some hidden defect, sooooo I'm a finless brown trout-magnet when it comes to retail. As a result, I am used to it when things start getting a little sideways with new stuff. (Remember the brand new joint I got that had never been drilled out so as to be able to accept grease?)

Anyway, my freshly constructed seat bottoms turned out to be sized just a bit too small. Somebody in California had mis-measured! I was concerned because after I received these pads more than a month went by before I got around to putting them on and discovering the defect. When I figured out what the issue was, I called Surplus City Jeep Parts and they showed great concern in getting me sorted out and they very graciously sent me a new, correct set without delay.

FABULOUS service! VERY satisfied! THANK YOU Surplus City Jeep Parts!

Cheers,
TJ

m75
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: Kudos to Surplus City Jeep Parts

Unread post by m75 » December 11th, 2018, 11:21 am

Similar experience last year. One part (Spindle) ordered using NSN and MS#, verbally passed to store employee. Arrived in short time, and I was happy. Until I found that it was not sized properly, and that the stock number was different. Anyway, I called the same day, and a replacement was on it's way. They did not ask for the wrong piece returned, but heck, it wasn't any good to me so I sent it back. Good service overall, but I do wish they would post their parts prices and current availability on the site.

And I DO wish they had not moved from Sun Valley, as it was a great store, and on the way to work as well.....
Jim Peterson
SGM, 31B Retired 2015
1961 M151 -Sold
1974 M151A2, Working It!