Quick review of a product from that cheap tool place

a place to discuss anything of interest to owners of M151 jeeps

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Quick review of a product from that cheap tool place

Unread post by m3a1 » February 1st, 2019, 8:40 pm

I stumbled upon this item on sale $79 and waddya know....they even let me use my 20%-off coupon. Far less than Husky or Ironton brands. High marks for drawer liners (which were included) and rather good swivel casters, two of which were lockable. I bought the optional fold down tray for one end. This is NOT a top quality tool cart but it is not flimsy either and it will do what I call upon it to do.

This was a DIY assembly. As usual, there was a transpositional error in the instructions but a little common sense overcame that before it became an issue. This has some nice features for such an inexpensive item. Two struts keep the lid up. Organizers are built in at both ends of the upper tool space with multiple holes that go through and through, all the way to the middle tray for long stuff or screw drivers or what-have-you.

Assembly required only the most basic tools and lo and behold the hardware was actually in standard U.S. sizes. No cheap lock washers here. 1/2" NyLock nuts all around and well-plated hardware. With the lid closed, the lower drawer locks. Barrel-keyed lock secures the upper lid but only in the most rudimentary fashion. In other words, anyone with a good strong arm could bend the top lid and get at the stuff inside.

The drawer component was what presented problems. The drawer sliders were only originally attached to the side panels with three rivets on each side. Mine came straight out of the box with two rivets broken off on one side. One does not expect to have to repair new stuff right out of the box. So, I replaced those broken rivets with new and made use of three of the four additional mounting holes that had formerly been unused. So now, there are six rivets to a side.

Two trays are available below the drawer. The middle tray has three possible positions to choose from during assembly.

Top lid would be vastly improved with some stiffening and I may yet bolt a panel directly to it's top. I'm thinking I'll put some 1/4" or 3/8' cutting board material on it.

I'm rating this 4 out of 5 jalapeños.

Cheers,
TJ

rickf
General
General

Re: Quick review of a product from that cheap tool place

Unread post by rickf » February 1st, 2019, 8:43 pm

And now you can put all your rusty tools in it and leave it ut in the driveway to get rusty since you don't have a square inch of room to put it under cover. You are worse than me I swear, And THAT is saying something!!!
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Re: Quick review of a product from that cheap tool place

Unread post by m3a1 » February 1st, 2019, 8:46 pm

That's some pretty bold talk, mister!... :lol: