Getting ready to fight coronavirus

a place to discuss anything of interest to owners of M151 jeeps

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Re: Getting ready to fight coronavirus

Unread post by m3a1 » April 26th, 2020, 2:17 pm

Glad to hear you're getting back to work, man.

Same general situation here in our county. Unfortunately, these little bugs don't respect lines on a map. Our formerly sleepy community has been working hard over the course of the last few years to become a weekend destination, which seemed like a very good idea at one time. Add a virus with no known 'cure" to that equation and it doesn't seem like such a good idea now. But that's not 'forever' so when we get this thing 's ears pinned back with a vaccine, all will be well.

Still, in the hope that we can make something of the warmer months, there are the prophylactic benefits of awareness which was (and in some cases apparently still is) the tallest mountain we will have to climb. But a lot of people have learned to wash their hands in the last thirty-forty days and some have even learned to respect others by masking up for the time being...which will pay big dividends even with the usual bugs such as flu, etc.

In all, I suspect our society will be more focused on its general health for some time to come. You'll know when we are on the cusp of normalcy when the Alex Joneses of the world begin speculating that this was all a big hoax.

Cheers,
TJ

Lou
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread post by Lou » April 26th, 2020, 2:26 pm

We all know NJ is a freaked up State. High Taxes, So many ridiculous rules. Cannot drive ATV’s or off road motorcycles in the woods when it was once legal (had to sell ours). Cannot put dredge spoils on vacant marshland. Cannot park your boat or walk the beach on Holgate or Little Beach because of some stupid little freafin' bird called a piping plover (wonder if they taste good on the grill). Ridiculous limits on recreational fishing (we don’t even bother anymore).

Well NJ has now gone too far. We were stopped by NJ Park Police in the Woods (not a State Park) and told all NJ trails in the Woods are closed due to Governor Murphy’s Covid Virus social distancing rules. And get this, we could get a $10,000 fine for doing so! Yes folks a TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR fine!

Are you Freakin' kidding me! We were in the middle of the woods 30 miles from the nearest paved road (earlier in the day). Stopped and had a wonderful romantic lunch together in the middle of the pinelands. We did not see one Damn person for the entire 60 mile trip. How in the Holy Flying freak can being out in the middle of the pinelands break a social distancing rule? Video of the stop here. https://youtu.be/AZAKEasYUqY

But is it OK to be piled in at the grocery store with everyone hacking behind their poor excuse for a N95 mask. Meg had to remind several patrons to stay the freak away from Her!

This Country and NJ is totally F***** forever with assholes making ridiculous decisions such as this. Enjoy it now folks, this finless brown trout is only going to get worse and we are going to keep losing more and more of our Freedoms every day. We are only getting a small taste of the Shitstorm waiting to befall us all.

Yes folks, My generation has seen the “good old days”. We may not have realized it at the time, but they were the good old days. I see nothing but finless brown trout and More finless brown trout coming our way in the future. Fear for how our Children and Grandchildren will ever make it in this “Brave New World” after Covid. 😷😭😱🤯🤬
Take Care,
Louie
M151A2,
KA2PFL,
MVPA 27368
Image Image

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Unread post by m3a1 » April 26th, 2020, 3:09 pm

WWGAD?

(What Would Grizzly Adams Do?)

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » April 26th, 2020, 4:53 pm

Louie, We try to keep this a family friendly site and even though some language is overlooked that one was a bit over the top. I try to remind members that this is not Pirate 4x4.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

lpcoating
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by lpcoating » April 26th, 2020, 6:40 pm

Hello Lou. So did he just give you a warning and mention a potential fine?

Guy
M151 Body Panels - http://www.m151bodypanels.com/

'68 A1 - Under full resto

Lou
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread post by Lou » April 26th, 2020, 7:08 pm

Yes, a verbal warning and made aware of the fine. He was nice about it but know he will not be nice the next time! In fact the first thing out of his mouth was how much he liked the mutt and if it had a diesel engine.
Take Care,
Louie
M151A2,
KA2PFL,
MVPA 27368
Image Image

Jay Mallari
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread post by Jay Mallari » April 30th, 2020, 4:10 pm

Hi Guys. I haven't posted here for a while. Hope everyone is safe and well.
My wife and I both nurses, stared developing Covid symptoms, and we both self-isolated from the 2nd of April. Her breathing symptoms worsened and she got admitted to the hospital on the 5th of April. She tested positive for the disease whilst I continued to self isolate at home. I was swabbed on the 7th of April and the result came back on the 9th of April as positive. My breathing symptoms worsened and I too was admitted on Easter Sunday 12th of Apri. I was in the hospital for eight days. I was lucky enough my symptoms were managed with just antibiotics and oxygen and I didn't require intensive care admission.

My wife however deteriorated and she was taken to intensive care on the 9th of April and remained intubated for almost three weeks. She was extubated two days ago and they did a tracheostomy on her. She is now breathing spontaneously via the tracheostomy tube but still connected to a ventilator for support. She still hasn't woken up from the sedation. I was told it might take a while before her system clears all the sedatives as she's been on it for almost three weeks. She's undergoing dialysis as well as the disease affected her kidney function. She also had a CT scan of her lungs today which showed multiple lesions suggesting irreversible changes that will require extensive rehab with chest physiotherapy. Prior to contracting Covid, my wife and I are both fit and well with no underlying medical conditions. Little is known about this virus and the severity of symptoms vary from person to person.

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » April 30th, 2020, 7:02 pm

So sorry to hear this Jay, When someone mentioned a fellow M-151 person over there and his nurse wife came down with it I suspected it might be you. I will be praying for a full recovery for your wife and you also. All we hear about are the infections and the deaths but we never hear anything about those who survive and the permanent damage that is being done.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

Mr. Recovery
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Mr. Recovery » April 30th, 2020, 8:39 pm

Jay, very sorry to hear this, I also will be praying for your wife and you for a full recovery.

Dan.
1960 M151 Run 1
1963 M151 Willys DoD 10-63 in Baltimore
1989 Alley Cat. "work in Progress"
NRA Life Member
American Legion Post 275 Fl
US Army 6 years 2nd Armored Cavalry Bindlach Germany
Colorado Army Nat. Guard 5 years
Md Air Guard 15 years active duty on C-130's

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Unread post by m3a1 » April 30th, 2020, 9:49 pm

Jay, I am so terribly sorry to hear about this. I was hoping by the grace of God that our entire M151 family would all come through this unscathed. Our very best goes out to you and to your wife.

Cheers,
TJ

Hambone
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Hambone » April 30th, 2020, 11:02 pm

Sad news Jay, we will keep you and your wife in our prayers, stay strong and get well soon. Hambone

Jay Mallari
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread post by Jay Mallari » May 1st, 2020, 2:19 am

Thank you all for the messages of support and prayers. Very much appreciated.

muttguru
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by muttguru » May 1st, 2020, 5:56 am

Jay.... I'm so sorry to hear this. I really do hope your wife recovers fully...... both of you are in my thoughts.... I'll be saying a few prayers for you both.
Ken
Kind regards....
Ken

Always wanted - Details and pictures of M416 Trailer data plates & M151 data plates & body-tags for my research. Thanks!

Contact address - - muttguru@aol.com

Note for 2023..... Ken..."Less Stress - More Exercise!"

199th mp
Major
Major

Unread post by 199th mp » May 1st, 2020, 11:13 am

jay, this is truly bad to hear. best wishes for a sold recovery from our home to yours.

Jay Mallari
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread post by Jay Mallari » May 1st, 2020, 5:16 pm

Thanks, Ken and Ron for your prayers and well wishes. It just makes it more difficult to cope with it as visitors are not allowed. I have not seen my wife in person since the 5th of April. I do get a regular video call so I can chat with her. She's still unconscious from the sedation but I know she can hear me.