Old fashioned American Activism required.

a place to discuss anything of interest to owners of M151 jeeps

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

M151-LC
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Old fashioned American Activism required.

Unread post by M151-LC » December 27th, 2007, 3:07 pm

I have never been much on the whole activism thing, but I think it's high time I got involved in the whole process.

Hell I was anything but a hippy back in the days, and now I am to bald to be a real Hippy activist, but I am going to try.

That fast few years I have watched the world turn more and more into a toilet, Reflecting on the Holocaust and watching the more recent Genocide in the Balkans, Somalia, Rwanda and the Sudan, the new Exodus of Iranian Jews. I have never been much of a fan for politics, but a revamp on so many of these issues this holiday Season has turned my heart to stone. Amazingly it was my own children who watched the news and documentaries with me and their questions of the horrible shock in their eyes that has made me aware that we must as a family speak out and get involved.

We are going to put our tools down for awhile and step away from our projects and see if we can help raise awareness on these issues. We won't be posting as much on the Military vehicle web pages in the up coming months we all came to a conclusion that these world affairs are nothing more then past events coming full circle.

It shocks all of us just how fast our fellow American's have forgotten or maybe just brushed aside the events of 9-11 that we were also victims of this mass violence. Some people may think it's a waste of time to even try that no one cares about anything anymore, forgetting we have been struck more then once over the years.

Support for our troops in harms way is at a all time low and then we as a Nation stand back and do next to nothing even when the war of hate for Christians and Jews has been at our own front door. Honestly I don't know how much my little family can do to have a impact on world events but it's worth a effort to speak out on the issues.

This is what we plan to do in the New Year, try and make a difference.

toptiger
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by toptiger » December 28th, 2007, 5:31 am

Bledynn, you have been making a difference for a long time, buddy, so don't let the bast@#ds get you down.
I don't know anything much about electromagnatism, terminal velocity, quarks, string theory, or any of that physics stuff, but I remember clearly what we learned in VN. Certainly, you did not forget, did you, brother??? Here it is again just as a reminder.
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS GRAVITY. THE EARTH SUCKS!
Have a happpy new year, best to nate micki et al
GR
Author M-151 MUTT, The Vietnam Jeep
Paper edition http://www.blurb.com/books/1646321
IOS ebook iBookstore: http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id598605516
2 M151A2s, M416 trailer, M274A5 Mule,
Former Army Aviator, Bien Hoa, VN 1968-69
Mustang Gunship Platoon Commander
68th Assault Helicopter Company 'Top Tigers'
Central Florida and France

Homer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by Homer » December 28th, 2007, 9:19 am

I think that as baby boomers begin to retire in larger numbers that there will be an rebewed activism in the US. Since the protest days of the late sixties and early seventies most of us have been too busy meeting responsibilities that we've let things slip.

I recently e-mailed both the FLA senators and asked them if they felt qualified to stay in office since they were both surprised by the "sudden" sub prime problems. Even a blind cat could see that coming three years ago in FLA. Surprising neither replied.

Floyd
Captain
Captain

Unread post by Floyd » December 28th, 2007, 12:54 pm

Well said HK.

Floyd
1961 M151
1967 M416
1988 M35A2C
VFW Life Member
NRA Life Member

M151-LC
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I think Homer had it best.

Unread post by M151-LC » December 28th, 2007, 2:24 pm

I was not much into the protesting hippy movement back then Top Tiger, being young I felt it was all anti American in so many ways, more then just free speech at times.

Protesting is fine with me but do it with class and respect for others.

Homer your so right, the American Dream has become so hard to achieve that no one has time to do anything else but work to just stay ahead of the Bills.

I have often wondered if this whole thing was designed to keep Americans in line, keep the pie in the sky just far enough out of reach that no one has time to do anything but comply.

Oil, Tobbaco, property taxes, interest rates and unfair state by state sales taxes on each of the items I mentioned.

New Hampshire for example can't not be included in sales tax but property taxes thier make up ofr the sales taxes don't they yet no one can afford to send their children to school in New Hapmshire???

Some peole would say I was a out of my mind conspiricy jerk off for even suggesting it.

Yet the numbers for Americans with free time or even vacation time is down by huge numbers.

No time to think, not enough money to act and no time to collect on subjects we may have been intereted in protesting about.

then who ever does end up protesting is already labled anyway, far rigt and left wing stuff of religious fantaics, as far as just palin old American citezens marching around and complaining you just never here about it.

Great points guys