Is Rickf Banned?

a place to discuss anything of interest to owners of M151 jeeps

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Bob Amon
Corporal
Corporal

Unread post by Bob Amon » February 28th, 2008, 6:40 pm

toptiger wrote:Olive branch?
Just curious-did Ron say why he allowed the 'moderators to run amuck, for the last 4 months, then the last straw for me was letting them treat ken the way the did? WTF??? not to count all the others that were totally disrespected over a period of months. Why be nice? Olive Branch??? BS.
He was not only active in it, but led every single one of the others. He is not the 'behind the scene person' he may wish to represent. He had to encourage his gang of mugerators or they would not have felt so emboldened to run amuck on the site, pushing the limit, treating the members like that. I should print the 2 PMs Jon sent sent me- pompous and arrogant and Ron encouraged it. He's the boss and he will not be forgiven or forgotten by me. Olive Branch. Put it where the sun don't shine.
What was the mugerators last post a few short days ago?? Oh Yeah- something like "for those who can't you read?" just how was that for an 'Olive Branch'?????Fearing nothing and no reprisals those moderators keep at it.
I could care less about his concern about deleting what was put there, and would hope his m151 section shrinks up like a prune. Delete, delete, delete.
How is that for an Olive branch?
If his site 'hits' count goes south, then the ad payments will start to drop off too. Heck all the big sites are having problems now, so even our 100 members not going there any more like we did 5 months ago will translate to some financial loss, no? Probably already have. Why else would he extend the 'olive branch'? Pocket book politics, my friends.
Top,

This is the 2nd or 3rd time I'm reading about how Ken was treated. What was done to Ken? I'm serious with this question because I truly don't know, so please don't take this as a rhetorical question or some wise-@ss remark. I'm serious, I am not aware (probably wasn't on that board enough during that period of time to know) of what happened concerning Ken. I'm assuming you are referring to Ken the MuttGuru?

Please explain what has caused all this anger.
Bob Amon

Army Basic, AIT and OCS: Ft. Knox, KY (1967)
82nd Airborne Division: Ft. Bragg, NC (1968)
South Vietnamese Combat Advisor RVN (1969)
Owner: 1972 M151A2

Spike
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by Spike » February 28th, 2008, 7:22 pm

I can only speak for myself. I've known Ron for some time through the Gee. The moderators are his close friends and maybe they are taking all this personally. I don't like what Jon wrote. It was way out of line. Jon can be a bit of an ass at times, but it was out of character for him. I have to admit that I am unaware of some of the problems you guys are mentioning. Rick and Toptiger are thoroughly pissed, I understand. The best thing we can do is make this site a good one and not treat anyone here the way you were. Someone here respectfully PMed me with similar concerns and I confessed to some duplicity on my part. I'm not willing to get into a Hatfield's and McCoy's type situation; life's too short .

These are the latest PM's between Ron and I.

Quote:
Has the post "edit" feature been disabled? I've noticed that I can't edit any of my posts. The edit box does not show up??
Ron Fitzpatrick wrote: Spike,
Here's the deal... I've read where you and several users on g838 have been talking about editing posts, which may include deleting them on g503, rickf has made a post where he has indicated he is going to clean out his desk, I take that as he is going to delete all of his posts. I have had this happen in the past on other sections of the gee, when users have deleted posts en mass, it has ruined threads to the point we have to delete them.
If you have no intentions of doing this I will take your word for it, you have always been a good gee member / user, if you tell me this is not going to happen, I will reinstate your edit capability. I know you can’t speak for the other guys.

Thanks,
Ron
Ron Fitzpatrick wrote:
Spike wrote:I think that Rickf said that he had personal contact information in his PM (I assume saved messages) box that he was afraid to lose. Email addresses I guess.

I have no intention of deleting any of my posts.

I've only written one or two things that are worth re-posting, pretty sad when I've posted 1400+ times. Most my stuff is commentary communications.

You have my word that I won't do anything unscrupulous to you site.

Spike
Thank you Spike,
That makes me feel a lot better...
Your edit is back, see you on the gee :wink:

Thanks,
Ron
The thing about an olive branch is you can accept it or reject it. Or take it and beat 'em with it. It's all up to you.
If we continue to show hostilities on this site newcomers are going to be frightened off. Hopefully we can move past this...
As iron sharpens iron ...

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » February 28th, 2008, 8:17 pm

Spike, Since I have no way of contacting Ron could you please let him know I have no intention of deleting anything! I am not going to let down my friends on there. By disappear I mean I will not be posting. I want to get into my pm files and get my saved address and phone number info. That is what I was talking about. Even when I try to make peace I get into trouble!
Rick
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

Spike
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by Spike » February 28th, 2008, 8:35 pm

Sure.
As iron sharpens iron ...

toptiger
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by toptiger » February 28th, 2008, 11:32 pm

bob, i will pm you.
Author M-151 MUTT, The Vietnam Jeep
Paper edition http://www.blurb.com/books/1646321
IOS ebook iBookstore: http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id598605516
2 M151A2s, M416 trailer, M274A5 Mule,
Former Army Aviator, Bien Hoa, VN 1968-69
Mustang Gunship Platoon Commander
68th Assault Helicopter Company 'Top Tigers'
Central Florida and France

Ralph Fuller
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Ralph Fuller » February 29th, 2008, 9:03 pm

Hey, Bob: I've always liked it when you threw in a "war story" during a discussion. Looking forward to more.
Ralph
1967 M151A1
1967 M151A1
1967 M416
1947 Bantam TC-3 trailer
If The Phone Don't Ring ... You'll Know It's Me
Airborne Ranger CIB Vietnam

moose53
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by moose53 » March 3rd, 2008, 1:18 pm

War stories are on-topic in this forum. I think they are great, because it fleshes out the history surrounding our little vehicles, giving an idea of the environment and thought processes of the time. One of the main values in restoring an M151 is that it reminds people of that period in our history, rather than it be forgotten and repeated. Otherwise might as well do a CJ lol

So to Bob and others, bring em on, they won't get censured here...

Jim
Zigzag50, Northeast51, KC2QDZ
MVPA # 30032 G838.org

--------------------------------------
1971 G838-M151A2 1966 G857-M416
1968 G748-M101A1 1976 G748-M116A1
1990 MEP-701A

--------------------------------------
Real jeeps have horizontal grille slots

Floyd
Captain
Captain