a place to discuss anything of interest to owners of M151 jeeps

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Mr. Recovery
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

WHERE TO BUY YOUR USA GAS

Unread post by Mr. Recovery » March 11th, 2008, 9:42 pm

WHERE TO BUY YOUR USA-GAS, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW. READ ON--
Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it.

The Saudis are boycotting American goods.

We should return the favor.

An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS.
Every time you fill up the car or Mutt, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia </st1> Just buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.

I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil.

These companies import Middle Eastern oil:

Shell......................... 205,742,000 barrels
Chevron/Texaco.........144,332,000 barrels
Exxon /Mobil..............130,082,000 barrels
Marathon/Speedway..117,740,000 barrels
Amoco..... ...................62,231,000 barrels

Citgo Gas comes from South America , from a Dictator who hates Americans.

Do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION! (Oil is now $90-$95 a barrel)

Here are some large companies that
DO NOT import Middle Eastern oil:

Sunoco............... 0 barrels
Conoco............... 0 barrels
Sinclair................ 0 barrels
BP/Phillips.......... 0 barrels
He ss.................. 0 barrels
ARC0. .................. 0 barrels
Also: Pilot, Flying J, Love's, RaceTrac, Valero

All of this information is available from the Department of Energy and each is required to state where they get their oil and how much they are importing.

But to have an impact, we need to reach literally millions of gas buyers. It's really simple to do.

Now, don't wimp out at this point.... keep reading and I'll
explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!!

I'm sending this note to about thirty people.

If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and

those 300 send it to a t least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) .. and

so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people,

we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers !!!! !!!

If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten
friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!

Image Dan.
1960 M151 Run 1
1963 M151 Willys DoD 10-63 in Baltimore
1989 Alley Cat. "work in Progress"
NRA Life Member
American Legion Post 275 Fl
US Army 6 years 2nd Armored Cavalry Bindlach Germany
Colorado Army Nat. Guard 5 years
Md Air Guard 15 years active duty on C-130's

mrdibbles
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by mrdibbles » March 11th, 2008, 10:53 pm

I like it. Nice effort. Won't work though. Raise the price of beer... see what happens. Raise the price of smokes... we saw what has happened. I have long boycotted the oil from Citgo. It's a tough call though. We need gas.

I have an unpopular opinion. I say we run, not walk, to open up ANWR. There is oil there. Lots and lots of oil. We own all of it!!!

With oil at over $100 a barrel there's now increasing viability for the crude in Canada too. Canada is friendly to us... they and we are neighbors. Some of the richest deep oil in the world is in Canada. Let's tap that stuff and in the meantime look at greener alternatives.

Being held over the barrel by the Middle East is the WORST! Our government should have seen this coming. Meanwhile the elite few in the Middle East laugh all the way to the bank.

Otherwise I don't have an opinion on this :lol:
1992 Mercedes-Benz 250GD Wolf - Former German Army
St. Augustine, Florida

Mr. Recovery
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Mr. Recovery » March 11th, 2008, 11:26 pm

mrdibbles, I, like you have no opinion on this :roll: :lol: I just wanted to put the list of American oil use Companies out there as, like I, I'm sure others didn't know who they are. Like you I think Oil found here should be use here :) .
Image Dan.
1960 M151 Run 1
1963 M151 Willys DoD 10-63 in Baltimore
1989 Alley Cat. "work in Progress"
NRA Life Member
American Legion Post 275 Fl
US Army 6 years 2nd Armored Cavalry Bindlach Germany
Colorado Army Nat. Guard 5 years
Md Air Guard 15 years active duty on C-130's

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » March 12th, 2008, 12:47 am

A couple of the companies that you mentioned are not oil companies in the true sense and are merely "marketing" companies. While they do not "import" oil, they also do not pump it out of the ground either. They do however buy it on the open market, including from vendors who import it from the Persian Gulf. Oil, and especially gas, is a fungible product. Most if not all of the companies listed do not sell exclusively gas that they themselves refine. Gas is usually sent as a raw unadditized product through pipelines, barges, etc. to terminals. Most of the these terminals then store it in large common tanks. If owned by an oil company, most of these terminals will sell fuel to several of their competitors who will also sell fuel to them in areas where they do not have terminals. This is called an exchange system. When we buy Shell gas from the Phillips Pipeline in Jefferson City Mo., we buy raw gasoline and then put Shell's detergent additive package in it. Thus, while we are getting gas from Connoco/Phillips, we are still buying Shell gasoline. Conoco/Phillips may have even bought the gasoline on the open market to cover exchange commitments if they don't have enough output from the refinery where they source the product for their pipeline or if they are doing maintenance on the refinery that sources their pipeline. Thus, there is no telling who actually refined the fuel you buy or what oil company it ultimately came from.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » March 12th, 2008, 6:21 am

On top of all that remember this. If we do not buy the Saudi oil it will not bother them, they hate us infidels anyway. They will sell it to China and pay less to get it there. Believe me, us not buying oil from them will make no difference at all. It is the companies over here that are controlling the cost. Supply and demand, We demand it and they supply it for a price. The price will continue to go up until WE say enough is enough and slow down on the buying. Have you seen any new wells to replace the ones in the gulf of mexico that got wiped out in Katrina? Remember that was the beginning of three dollar gas. Those wells didn't make a bit of difference. Open up AK. and it will not lower our price, just raise their profits.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » March 12th, 2008, 8:34 am

I've been out to Colorado the past 2 summers and have also driven through western and central Illinois, and it is staggering the number of oil and gas wells that are going in. I know that these do not produce the light sweet crude that comes from the Persian Gulf, but neither does Alaska and the Gulf of Mexico or Venezuela for that matter. The oil from Colorado and Illinois comes out of stripper wells. The reason you do not always see the pumpjacks (grasshoppers) turning is that if you pump the well down too far it fills with sand. The well is only pumped down so far before it is allowed to refill as the oil moves in from the surrounding earth. The amount of time to refill can vary with the thickness of the crude, the depth and how thick the layer of oil containing strata, and even tidal pressure. This is the reason these wells are not always seen pumping, and not to limit production and raise the price as some have postulated. One exception is when the price of crude drops below $20 dollars a barrel like it did in the mid 80s and again in the early to mid 90s. At those prices it costs more to produce the oil than it brings on the market. Canadian tar sands from the Arctic costs about $35 dollars a barrel to produce. It is mined, rather than pumped. The oil bearing sand is loaded onto large dump trucks and hauled to a processing facility where the oil is seperated from the sands. The reason Persian Gulf oil is so valuable is because it is a light sweet (low in sulfur) crude that is easy and inexpensive to refine and it is close to the surface and in some cases is under artesian pressure and will flow freely to the surface. The reason it has been slow redrilling and replacing wells damaged in the Gulf of Mexico is because there are very few offshore drilling rigs and it takes a long time to drill and set up a production platform offshore. The Mars platform in the southern Gulf of Mexico literally cost hundreds of millions of dollars to build. That kind of capital and labor and equipment intensive activity is not easy to organize and put into place and is thus time consuming.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

Homer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by Homer » March 13th, 2008, 2:48 pm

In Tampa I've watched different brands of oil tankers fill up at the same terminal and deliver to various brands of service station. That might mean that you can never really tell where the product originated. Kind of like the components in our food and medicines coming from china.

moose53
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by moose53 » March 13th, 2008, 5:22 pm

When i buy fuel for my airport no matter which company i use it comes from the same tank and in the same truck lol

Jim
Zigzag50, Northeast51, KC2QDZ
MVPA # 30032 G838.org

--------------------------------------
1971 G838-M151A2 1966 G857-M416
1968 G748-M101A1 1976 G748-M116A1
1990 MEP-701A

--------------------------------------
Real jeeps have horizontal grille slots

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » March 13th, 2008, 5:52 pm

Lets see, hundreds of millions to dig a well you say. Their quarterly profit was what, 15 BILLION!!!!!!!! Diesel just hit 4.00 here, you know who is paying for that? Every one of us because it takes diesel trucks to deliver anything and everything. Eventually it is all going to fall apart, nobody will even be able to afford to buy food. China is watching, believe me, they are watching.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » March 14th, 2008, 6:21 am

Rick

Wells don't cost hundreds of millions to drill unless done offshore. A deep water drilling rig can cost way over a hundred thousand dollars per day to rent. Add in the cost of making a production platform and laying pipe all the way to shore or also building a terminal for tankers to have a place to put the oil, and also consider that not every well sunk hits oil, and you can see how expensive a venture, offshore oil exploration is. My wife's brother owns a small company that does geologic sounding offshore in the Gulf of Mexico, but they also have done sounding off of Africa, Asia, Australia, South America, and in the North Sea. He sells the data to major oil companies. He only owns the towed equipment and data recording equipment. He rents the boats that pull it. He says just renting the boat can cost several thousand dollars a day.

Personally, I think oil, along with gold and corn, soybeans, wheat, and a lot of other commodities are experiencing a "bubble" in prices. The market, which was being driven by demand and by the devaluation of the U.S. dollar, is currently being driven by pure speculation. People are putting money in commodities because the stock market and the bond market have underperformed. Like all past "bubble" markets, it will "pop". What the "pin prick"is and when it will happen is the question. (If I knew, I would leverage some money, short the market, and then buy a large estate in the Carribean with the profit) I just know from an investor's viewpoint, when people start saying that the market can never go down, it can only go up, you should SELL. We saw the same situation with commercial real estate and banks in the 80's and the stock market, especially tech stocks in the 90's, and the housing market recently. Just my take.

Raymond
Raymond

Homer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by Homer » March 18th, 2008, 2:51 pm

Raymond I think you understand what's going on.