World News Tonight

a place to discuss anything of interest to owners of M151 jeeps

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

64 M151
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

World News Tonight

Unread post by 64 M151 » April 9th, 2008, 8:44 pm

Uncle Surger is looking at e-bay and Craigs List and found stolen sensitive military items for bid that is not availble throught DRMO. You name it it is probly there. So becareful what you bid on. The items range from personel gear to aircraft parts.

Later Joe
" Apply The 6 P theroy" (Previous Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance)"
" When something becomes FUBAR We Blame it on SNAFU Then Try to SWAG Our Way Out of it"
"Just my Wooden Nickels worth"

raymond
Major General
Major General

Re: World News Tonight

Unread post by raymond » April 9th, 2008, 10:43 pm

Don't tell me I'm gonna have to return my B-2 stealth bomber :!: :o :roll: :shock: :lol:
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

Breven52
Corporal
Corporal

Unread post by Breven52 » April 18th, 2008, 10:50 pm

i saw this article and i nearly threw somthing at the TV...........it was a load of propaganda bull$hi@ i swear i would love to get ahold of who ever had thier panties in a wad over milsurupus goods that civillians could very well produce on thier own....heck i have an ACU vest that was made out of the country....IN CHINA!!!!! and it matches US ACU perfectly ....it was a waste of airtime

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » April 18th, 2008, 11:55 pm

I have seen radio "krypto" secure gear available on ebay, and wondered how they were getting
away with it. Military voice secure gear for sale there right now, what's up with that? There's
even some captured/liberated Iraqi radio gear turning up as bring home gear. Uncle Sam's
gonna watch, cause there's stuff to see! Am I the only one that thinks that some watching is
okay? And Raymond, if I were you, I'd take the scrap weight for the B-2, and lay low for a few
months :shock:

Rainman
M151 World Land Speed Record Holder

mrdibbles
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by mrdibbles » April 19th, 2008, 9:06 am

Yep they should watch eBay for sure. The gov't should always keep an eye open to this. For instance there shouldn't be private sellers, on eBay nonetheless, selling critical NOS F-14 parts. Particularly when Iran is the only country still operating those aircraft. (Why we ever sold Iran F-14s in the first place is another discussion). It's also ridiculous that a terrorist can buy current issue sensitive USGI night vision goggles on eBay. That is just wrong. I don't think the government is interested in DS2 Decontamination bottles or vietnam vintage body armor so I encourage this. The servicemen, or military suppliers, that are letting these parts "fall off the truck" should be "water-boarded" into submission.
1992 Mercedes-Benz 250GD Wolf - Former German Army
St. Augustine, Florida

k8icu
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Unread post by k8icu » April 19th, 2008, 11:17 pm

Don't steel the government hates compitition!
There is one nut on a M151 that is very difficult to remove.....

salt6
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by salt6 » April 19th, 2008, 11:23 pm

Guys you can buy almost anything on the street that is better than what is issued.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

George Orwell
-------------------------------------
"I once was one of those men."

salt6

http://www.mg42.us

Ralph Fuller
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Ralph Fuller » April 20th, 2008, 9:13 am

A lot of folks are surprised that i have a working RT 524 on my Jeep.
Ralph
1967 M151A1
1967 M151A1
1967 M416
1947 Bantam TC-3 trailer
If The Phone Don't Ring ... You'll Know It's Me
Airborne Ranger CIB Vietnam

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » April 21st, 2008, 1:11 am

Hey Salt6,
I appreciate your new quote, and thanks. I too have a working Rt-524 on my A2! Sent a
PRC-6 and a PRT-4 off the the tech today. Seems both are freq'd for 51.0 so that falls
into the "green freq requirements of most rally's in the U.S. Any first hand knowledge
from those licensed or better informed? Hope to add some new commo equipment to the
rig for display purposes. yeah, yeah FCC reqires blah, blah, at MV rallies and hamfests. :)

Rainman

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » April 21st, 2008, 1:14 am

Hey Salt6,
After thinking about it, we may still be some of those men!

Rainman 8)

Floyd
Captain
Captain

Unread post by Floyd » April 21st, 2008, 9:20 am

"I once was one of those men."

Hey Salt6, I'm guessing that hasn't changed. :)

Floyd
1961 M151
1967 M416
1988 M35A2C
VFW Life Member
NRA Life Member

k8icu
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Unread post by k8icu » April 21st, 2008, 10:28 pm

51.0 is right in the middle of the ham radio 6 meter band. Best you get your ham ticket before you trans mit there. I'd hate to have to drive down to CF to thump you.... :D
lol.
There is one nut on a M151 that is very difficult to remove.....

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » April 22nd, 2008, 2:07 pm

Hey Joe,
That's pretty funny! I was told a story at a hamfest this weekend about a licensed ham at a
major MV rally. He said he had a PRC-77 with him and had scanned around a little, but
didn't find where all the action was. When given the heads-up about the rally freq being
51.0 mhz, he switched over and said the band came alive with activity from the rally. When
he used his call sign, he was warned this was a rally, and it would not be tolerated, and that
basicly he was surrounded by "the enemy", and should watch his step. He said he talked a
lot that day, and never used his call sign again at that big rally. So I guess there's times
when "the man" is outnumbered by the outbanders. Besides, what have you heard in years
about the FCC? Other than selling the television broadcast band for cell phone use, they've
been pretty quiet. I have a house full of HF equipment that I used to use in the outband f
reqs, between 10 and 11 meters. But hey, if you want to come down and drive around my
house throwing carriers on me and my unauthorized MARS equipment, that's cool! We can
go catch a bite to eat and talk M151's! :D

Ray
Rainman