I hate Ice storms

a place to discuss anything of interest to owners of M151 jeeps

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

raymond
Major General
Major General

I hate Ice storms

Unread post by raymond » December 12th, 2007, 12:51 pm

I am over at the neighbor's house checking up here and on the G. My internet has been down since Sunday. I have wireless service and the tower has no power and they don't when it will be back up and running. I just ordered DSL as it is now available in Clarksville There is ice and tree limbs everywhere. Still several thousand people around here without power. No power at the school yet since Sunday either. Did I mention I HATE ICE STORMS. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

Witt1mann1
Corporal
Corporal

Snow

Unread post by Witt1mann1 » December 12th, 2007, 1:01 pm

I wish you guys luck with the snow, It would be nice to send some over here, in holland all we get is wet wet wet rain.
And maybe 2 days of snow when we are lucky. Man that was different when i was younger (minus 20 degrees Celcius and a meter snow infront of the door). :shock: :shock:

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » December 13th, 2007, 8:30 am

Power is on at both houses, internet service restored, all good except cleanup. It looks like someone shelled the woods at my house out in the country. Did I mention I hate Ice storms :?:
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

Spike
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by Spike » December 13th, 2007, 10:30 am

I feel for you. If you were closer I would bring my chainsaw and chipper and give a hand cleaning up.
I hate ice storms too.
As iron sharpens iron ...