Gillespie Paint Question

A place to post pics and descriptions of ongoing restoration projects

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

RCA827
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Gillespie Paint Question

Unread post by RCA827 » July 5th, 2013, 9:16 am

Hello I was wondering if anyone knows the paint # for the Gillespie Paint substitute for 383 carc? I would like to order a Gallon from Army Jeep Parts . I think it,s 34094 but wanted to make sure before ordering .Thanks :D

Jay Mallari
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: Gillespie Paint Question

Unread post by Jay Mallari » July 5th, 2013, 9:59 am

Yes it is 34094. Check with Rapco Parts as well. It might be cheaper.
http://www.rapcoparts.com/caof21gaca52.html

RCA827
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Unread post by RCA827 » July 5th, 2013, 10:08 am

Thank you Jay.Now as for the info on Rapco being cheaper I will try out Rapco. :D

Floyd
Captain
Captain

Unread post by Floyd » July 5th, 2013, 1:33 pm

Sam: RAPCO normally has very good prices and the only problem with shipping paint is the Haz Mat fee, that’s the killer. Since the shipment traverses the States I assume you would be responsible for the same fee. The way around it and not really the answer is rattle cans. For whatever reason they do not fall under the same category of Hazardous Materials.

Floyd
1961 M151
1967 M416
1988 M35A2C
VFW Life Member
NRA Life Member

RCA827
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Unread post by RCA827 » July 5th, 2013, 2:54 pm

Floyd I put the order in at Rapco already for 1 Gal of the 383 had no choice as it is not avail this side of the bourder.I will order the other 2 Gal next I am using this first Gallon as a test to see how things turn out,also it is the colour I need for the complete base coat on my A2'S to start out with.They charged my Visa $60.00 so far for the 1 Gal, haz mat and shipping and told me that further shipping charges may be needed.I am not sure but it must still be a holiday in the US as Army Jeep Parts and Rapco are not answering there phones. :D

RCA827
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Unread post by RCA827 » July 5th, 2013, 2:59 pm

Yes and you would think rattle cans would be more hazardous ? :roll:

RCA827
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Unread post by RCA827 » July 15th, 2013, 4:54 pm

Yes just as I fig I placed the order with rapco and paid with my Visa they canceled the order on me and I have to wait 14 days to get my paint money back?? :x I should have just order from Army Jeeps Parts in the first place,they will ship to Canada. The weird thing about rapco is they do not state on their web page that they will not ship to Canada . They will ship all over the world but nothing goes to Canada what kind of strange people run that place?? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » July 15th, 2013, 5:03 pm

RCA827 wrote:Yes just as I fig I placed the order with rapco and paid with my Visa they canceled the order on me and I have to wait 14 days to get my paint money back?? :x I should have just order from Army Jeeps Parts in the first place,they will ship to Canada. The weird thing about rapco is they do not state on their web page that they will not ship to Canada . They will ship all over the world but nothing goes to Canada what kind of strange people run that place?? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
The kind that do not have an export license for Canada.
Another thing to keep in mind is that no company HAS to deal with you. If you bad mouth them on the forums and they see it then oh well, they may well tell you to go scratch and find someone else. Not saying that is what is happening but I have done it. I had a guy put me down pretty bad until I had something he needed, he still needed after begging me though, Don't burn bridges. Just sayin'.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

armybuck041
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by armybuck041 » July 15th, 2013, 8:06 pm

rickf wrote:
RCA827 wrote:Yes just as I fig I placed the order with rapco and paid with my Visa they canceled the order on me and I have to wait 14 days to get my paint money back?? :x I should have just order from Army Jeeps Parts in the first place,they will ship to Canada. The weird thing about rapco is they do not state on their web page that they will not ship to Canada . They will ship all over the world but nothing goes to Canada what kind of strange people run that place?? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
The kind that do not have an export license for Canada.
Another thing to keep in mind is that no company HAS to deal with you. If you bad mouth them on the forums and they see it then oh well, they may well tell you to go scratch and find someone else. Not saying that is what is happening but I have done it. I had a guy put me down pretty bad until I had something he needed, he still needed after begging me though, Don't burn bridges. Just sayin'.
I don't think there is a bridge left to be burned here Rick, especially when they took his money and are now making him wait 14 days for a refund..... I digress.

Sam, your best bet when you buy anything surplus related from the USA is to call ahead regardless if the website will let you "check-out". The list of surplus dealers that will not ship to Canada is much longer than the ones that will. Most also cost significantly more as well, save for Owens Exports. The only others that have decent inventory and will ship to Canada off of the top of my head are: TNJ Murray and Army Jeep Parts. I don't deal with either. I'm fortunate in that i'm less than an hour from the US Border, so I just get my parts shipped to the local UPS Store and bring them back myself.

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » July 15th, 2013, 8:37 pm

As I said that may not be the case here but I missed the part about them keeping his money. That is totally wrong. No ship then no charge. I would dispute that with that card company.
Don't get me wrong, I think the whole deal stinks of politics and I hate politics. To the best of my knowledge we have never been at war with the Canadians have we? Don't answer that, I know the answer and I don't want to start a political rant I will have to delete.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

armybuck041
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by armybuck041 » July 15th, 2013, 9:10 pm

rickf wrote:To the best of my knowledge we have never been at war with the Canadians have we?
In your defence, it was exactly 201 years ago :D

Enjoy the summer any way you can Rick.

Scotty

RCA827
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Unread post by RCA827 » July 16th, 2013, 1:22 am

Yes your right its my money. They list Canada as a option to choose from when placing your order as a country they ship the paint to.Rick I notified Visa they said that after 14 days I should call rapco and ask if they would be nice enough to returne my money.I own a military surplus myself and know that this sort of stuff is dishonest I would never do something like this to someone . He has my money and I get to wait and wait and ask to get MY MONEY back Than I can order from a more repable dealer.But what really gets me is how manny times a year they pull this off on PEOPLE ? :evil: :evil: