Page 4 of 4

Re: 1974 M151A2 Project

PostPosted: August 18th, 2017, 4:42 pm
by m75
When I get to the point of working on the rear end, I'll advise as to what I find.

Re: 1974 M151A2 Project

PostPosted: January 1st, 2018, 6:14 pm
by m75
Well, Happy New Year to y'all.

Since the flu shots don't seem to be working, I decided to try a shot of get-off-my-can and managed to reassemble the left side front upper and lower control arms, shock and spindle support. Today I dropped in the passenger side upper and lower, but the ball joint bolts are mostly trashed on the threads so I have to match some fresh ones. Feels good to see the parts coming back together. The passenger side lower arm and ball joint were not exactly matched (these are all new parts) with regards to the hole alignment, and I had to persuade the slight elongation of one hole to allow all of the bolts to pass through. Since most of these things are no longer NOS from original manufacturers, this came as no great shock.

Being New Years Day, not too many places open to source replacement nuts n bolts, so tomorrow I'm a-going shopping. I think a Tractor Supply opened not too far from my place.

Stay tuned!