Accelerator Pump Check Valve

This is the place to get help with technical matters concerning your M151 jeep

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

bazookajoe
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Accelerator Pump Check Valve

Unread post by bazookajoe » February 27th, 2017, 4:12 pm

While going through my Bendix carb i noticed the check valve behind the accelerator pump diaphragm was severely corroded so i went to my rebuild kits and found two styles. One that has a small protrusion on the check valve that the diaphragm could push against thereby opening it. It protrudes about 1/8 of an inch. The other style has no protrusion. In both cases they seal well. Should I be able to blow through them in one direction?, as i couldn't and are they supposed to seal pretty tightly, again in both styles they operate smoothly.

muttguru
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Accelerator Pump Check Valve

Unread post by muttguru » February 27th, 2017, 5:38 pm

bazookajoe wrote:While going through my Bendix carb i noticed the check valve behind the accelerator pump diaphragm was severely corroded so i went to my rebuild kits and found two styles. One that has a small protrusion on the check valve that the diaphragm could push against thereby opening it. It protrudes about 1/8 of an inch. The other style has no protrusion. In both cases they seal well. Should I be able to blow through them in one direction?, as i couldn't and are they supposed to seal pretty tightly, again in both styles they operate smoothly.
Joe..... it seems the power valve without the protrusion is specific to the pre-emission Ford and AMG A2 models.

Have a look at Johnfal's FIRST posting on the page below..... go down the specs list to Power Valve. That pinless valve isn't something that you find very often !
Ken

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6540&p=54317&hilit=carb#p54317
Kind regards....
Ken

Always wanted - Details and pictures of M416 Trailer data plates & M151 data plates & body-tags for my research. Thanks!

Contact address - - muttguru@aol.com

Note for 2023..... Ken..."Less Stress - More Exercise!"

rickf
General
General

Re: Accelerator Pump Check Valve

Unread post by rickf » February 27th, 2017, 9:53 pm

Also make sure you are comparing power valves and not the power valve from the accelerator pump to the one way valves that let fuel in but not back out.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone