Intank fuel pump fall apart

This is the place to get help with technical matters concerning your M151 jeep

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

gospo
Corporal
Corporal

Intank fuel pump fall apart

Unread post by gospo » March 25th, 2017, 4:13 pm

I have problem with my electrical pump which is in a tank.Some time ago I bought a new one (NOS).After just 100 km it broked down and I have no oppurunity to return it:/
Metal cylinder part in which there is cable + just fall apart , maybe becouse of the time.Iw was ok in the magazine but after contact with fuel and power happened like this(I think)

My question is:

is it enough to isolate power cable without this cylinder and just get into the pump or this is some important part and must be there (bth what is the task for this thing?)?
I would appreciate your help very much.Thanks.

Mark

64 M151
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Intank fuel pump fall apart

Unread post by 64 M151 » May 13th, 2017, 8:26 pm

gospo wrote:I have problem with my electrical pump which is in a tank.Some time ago I bought a new one (NOS).After just 100 km it broked down and I have no oppurunity to return it:/
Metal cylinder part in which there is cable + just fall apart , maybe becouse of the time.Iw was ok in the magazine but after contact with fuel and power happened like this(I think)

My question is:

is it enough to isolate power cable without this cylinder and just get into the pump or this is some important part and must be there (bth what is the task for this thing?)?
I would appreciate your help very much.Thanks.

Mark
Mark

I got fed up with those in tank E-fuel pumps. So I went with the Mechanical fuel pump and available at local parts stores. Its a little tricky to plum in but no more problems and plus a dollar saver. Unless you are a purist this would be the way to go. PM me if you want to go this route.

Later Joe
" Apply The 6 P theroy" (Previous Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance)"
" When something becomes FUBAR We Blame it on SNAFU Then Try to SWAG Our Way Out of it"
"Just my Wooden Nickels worth"