Turn signal control

This is the place to get help with technical matters concerning your M151 jeep

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

elmer
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Turn signal control

Unread post by elmer » February 17th, 2018, 5:56 pm

Hello everyone. finally I have installed new harness of turn signal with the new connector. Everything works fine but the right front still does not work. If I connect 24 v on the 460 cable in the control unit connector the turn signal gets light and the light bulb works well (logically fixed light), I understand that the wiress are fine. I am almost sure that the problem is in the two control units. Do you think that the both units can have the same failure?
do you think I could check it from within the unit control ?
Thank you for your help
Elmer

elmer
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread post by elmer » March 12th, 2018, 3:17 pm

Hello everyone,
finally I was able to solve the problem I had in turn signal control. I bought one used in ebay and it worked fine.
I think I had the same problem in the two that I tried before because the two had the pin in the connector A sunk. I think that the main plug of the original harnes was damaged and sank this pin.I tested both turn signal controls with that main plug. After I changed this harnes by one new that Fil sent me.
Now everything works perfectly. Why is this turn signal control different from the one I had before? It has an internal system different from the other.
I send you a picture of the new turn signal control and also one of the connector where you can see the pin A sunk
Thanks for all
elmer

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » March 12th, 2018, 6:08 pm

Different internals would be due to a different manufacturer. When the contract comes up for renewal the lowest bid wins and sometimes manufacturers change. The turn signal changed several times over the years.
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone