Opinions: Which model Zenith is the better one?

This is the place to get help with technical matters concerning your M151 jeep

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

rickf
General
General

Re: Opinions: Which model Zenith is the better one?

Unread post by rickf » December 14th, 2008, 6:41 pm

There are no emissions vent lines going to the carburetor. The only extra line would be the fuel bypass return line and yes it will work but is not a necessity unless you are going to be running in very hot weather.

Rick
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

raymond
Major General
Major General

Re: Opinions: Which model Zenith is the better one?

Unread post by raymond » December 14th, 2008, 7:25 pm

Rick

I can't remeber if it came with solid lifters or not, I only know my dad and I put them in when we redid the motor. It was a 1965 coupe with the 289 (I think it was called a Challenger Special engine) with a 4 speed, cast iron header style exhaust, factory under the dash air conditioning, pony interior, spinner hubcaps, red stripe tires, through the gravel pan rear dual exhaust, center console, and limited slip. My dad and I restored it (it was pretty rundown but had not been turned into a hot rod) when I was a junior in high school in 1981-1982. I sold it in college as it was not a very practical car and I had no place to work on it or keep tools, spare parts, etc. at the fraternity house. :(

BTW, I can't see how someone was able to put a 427 in a 1965 Mustang :shock: It was almost impossible to get to the rear spark plug on the passenger side with a smallblock. They weren't built as stout as the later models. I would think that without a lot of reinforcement, there would be a lot of body flex from the torque of a monster like that.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus