wiper motor

This is the place to get help with technical matters concerning your M151 jeep

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

baios
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

wiper motor

Unread post by baios » January 3rd, 2009, 1:45 pm

Hey all u know my dream to find a m151A2 windshield!!Because I m unlucky I was thinking if it is possible to
feat a wiper motor into m151A1 windshield???I was thinking to pull out the one air wiper and feat from the drivers side the wiper motor and from the other side to hold the other air wiper???Do u think it is possible????Must do modifications???? :?I want to use only my side the wiper motor because the most times i drive my mutt allone sooo not worry from the passenger if he can't see when it is raining!!!
DO NOT GIVE UP!!!
m51A2 Ford 1971
E-Mail vzisimos@yahoo.gr

k8icu
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Re: wiper motor

Unread post by k8icu » January 3rd, 2009, 5:09 pm

About the best you can do is pick up a small electric wiper motor that you could use to replace the vacume wiper with. You can find them on the web and many other MV owners have done the swap...a little googling should give you all the info you need. But the A2 wiper motor goes into the base of the windshield frame and then the arm used pull the other motor is inside the frame. That is what that access pannel is on the front of the window is for.
There is one nut on a M151 that is very difficult to remove.....

baios
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread post by baios » January 4th, 2009, 4:16 am

:? Yeah I know the solution with the electric motor but......this will change the appearance of my mutt!!!The originality????
DO NOT GIVE UP!!!
m51A2 Ford 1971
E-Mail vzisimos@yahoo.gr

k8icu
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Unread post by k8icu » January 4th, 2009, 12:51 pm

To make your A1 windshield into an A2 would take a lot of work....probably eaiser to find an A2 windshield....and the A2 windshield motor will not work on the A1 window....sorry.

Cobra5
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Cobra5 » January 4th, 2009, 2:28 pm

baios wrote::? Yeah I know the solution with the electric motor but......this will change the appearance of my mutt!!!The originality????
Changing to electric wipers will change its originality. Although I can see your point of wanting to change to the electric wipers. Is it real difficult to find mutt parts in your area? Isn't there a place in Italy that has mutt parts? Would be a lot cheaper to ship a windshield from Italy than the USA.

Deserttmutt
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread post by Deserttmutt » January 4th, 2009, 9:12 pm

Hi Baios,
attached photos were posted on the web before :) it's an A2 with an A1 windshield (same set-up with yours,) i think Jay Mallari knew the owner of this rig once. if you are really on to this, and the way i see it with little modification, it looks like the electric wiper motor was just installed UPSIDEDOWN.

regard's,
-percy-
the LAST 1/4 ton of FUN....

Cobra5
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Cobra5 » January 4th, 2009, 10:20 pm

That looks terrible with one wiper blade. I would at least put the other wiper on so you could use it by hand if needed.

k8icu
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Unread post by k8icu » January 4th, 2009, 11:18 pm

My point was that you couldn't get the motor to wipe both arms like the A2 does.

baios
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Unread post by baios » January 5th, 2009, 9:36 am

Is it real difficult to find mutt parts in your area? Isn't there a place in Italy that has mutt parts? Would be a lot cheaper to ship a windshield from Italy than the USA.[/quote]

Hmm I know the company fro Italy mil-plus is the name but I believe that would be easier to
order it from USA rather than from Italy :? :? :? Anyway I will make a last try to call REOMIE in Holland!!!!
DO NOT GIVE UP!!!
m51A2 Ford 1971
E-Mail vzisimos@yahoo.gr

willwagner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by willwagner » January 13th, 2009, 12:53 am

Baios,
If you are looking for an electric motor, I have them NOS.
Will