Spike sends a gift.

feel the need to change or modify your mutt? This is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

M151-LC
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Spike sends a gift.

Unread post by M151-LC » January 2nd, 2008, 1:50 am

What another great gift that came this week.

Spike also sent a set of windshield pins, one was a flat faced M151 series windshiled pin, have not seen one in a long time, and then the other pin looks to be a very early ROPS pin from a Ford M151A2 not a AMG. That pin will come in very useful as we were missing one pin on the ROPS we installed on the M151-LC...LOL

The other fore mention pin, is off a M151 not a M151A1, just a very nice pin too, not rusted or bent. Nate. Micki and I wanted to thank SPIKE for sending these pins, but please let us keep the ROPS pin buddy...LOL

If you want us to keep both pins we shall hold onto it until we eventually score another M151 project down the road for sure...LOL

We were blessed by everyone who sent the little items we needed, the handle, and two sets of pins was so wonderful to get, and then Black Dog sent us the hood stencils we were looking for last week too. A lot of hard work went into those stencils and man they came out sweet. We can't wait for a warm sunny day real soon where the wind is low and we can spray they hood sides with the Team logo at long last. Thanks again you guys, Bleddyn, Nate and Micki

Spike
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by Spike » January 2nd, 2008, 11:56 am

No problem Bleddyn.

That's what started this whole give away. I was looking for some pins for you and thought 'I need to get rid of some of this other stuff too.' I just didn't want to throw it away. I'm glad people here had a need and use for it. I mailed out a total of ten packages. I know how it is when you need those little odd-ball pieces. I remember when you hooked me up with those vacuum line clips three or four years ago.

Happy New Year to the Hummer Killer gang.
As iron sharpens iron ...

M151-LC
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Nate did something cool today just for you Spike!

Unread post by M151-LC » January 2nd, 2008, 8:44 pm

Nate took the engraving machine we have and engraved SPIKE in capitol Letters on the ROPS pin before he prime and painted it...LOL

He also did this to the other Pins that Spectre sent us.

I thought that was just a f-ing awesome idea, as it give the parts sent identity...LOL

I think we may up doing as many of the little parts we have been sent in this fashion as it includes everyone who has been involved with the M151-LC project...LOL

It is always more fun when other people jump in on a crazy idea or dream and say hey why not it's fun right...LOL

Thanks again SPIKE your the best and these kids just love ya man. Bleddyn