You Tube M151 series Jeep film links

feel the need to change or modify your mutt? This is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

M151-LC
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

You Tube M151 series Jeep film links

Unread post by M151-LC » February 17th, 2008, 5:10 pm

For some fun check out these Links for The M151 related films on YOU TUBE. To forget to make it full screen guys.

You will see trailing, water fording and even the Rock Crawler M151A2-LC in these live film links enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxwByYQkpxw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq6zi_UE ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCbUua6u ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MzEXcgr ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6mfTZM6H7w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPYXK7vNsl4

I love this last one most of all as the M151 is first in line and just blows through this mud some of the other newer 4x4's get stuck and just can't get through the slick mud.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diXtTK0BPD4

After everyone veiws these clips let's here some fun feed back about the film clips???
Last edited by M151-LC on February 17th, 2008, 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Floyd
Captain
Captain

Unread post by Floyd » February 17th, 2008, 9:48 pm

Hey HK, ya can't say their not out having a good time with their Mutts. What a blast!

Floyd :D

PS Congratulations on The Baja 1000 :D :D :D
1961 M151
1967 M416
1988 M35A2C
VFW Life Member
NRA Life Member

k8icu
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Unread post by k8icu » February 17th, 2008, 11:36 pm

I enjoyed the M151s but didn't care for the rock crawler. I guess because the only thing 151 about it is the body. Its the age old question for any MV and one I ask on other lists when does the modified vehicle stop being that vehicle. If you've swapped the motor, transmission/transfercase, axles and even suspension is it still that MV? In my book no it becomes something else. In this case a fine looking rock crawler.
There is one nut on a M151 that is very difficult to remove.....

M151-LC
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

And your 1005 correct K!

Unread post by M151-LC » February 18th, 2008, 8:27 pm

The Mods are just a fun personal touch from some guys who know their DEMIL rig will never be a true Military Show peice, to guys like this it is still better to save the rig and do something fun with it then allow it to become a heap of rusting steel useless and worthless. It is also to show potential of like the Willys CJ modifications of what you can do with a old M151 Jeep.

I am a purist at heart and prefer to restore any Jeep back to stock, but our Rig was so rough it would not have been a very good candiddate for restoration, and then their is the lack of any real M151 upgradable parts on the market, so you have to use what ever fins buy and futher modify to do a build up job like this.

Our M151-LC is built up of parts from all thre M151 series models, a CJ -7. J-10 pickup and 1942 Ford GPW just to name a few Jeeps we have borrowed parts from. Unlike the Rock Crawler M151A2-LC we did stay much closer to the original M151A2--LC prototype design, including the 4 cylinder engine upgrade, not a Hercules but still a 4 cylinder, compared with the Rock Crawler model having a Chevy 350 under the hood. Our M151-LC was design ed built to be 100% restorable to stock condition, we did not modify the uni-body or uni-frame so everything is reversable to stock condition.

Like I said I am still a purist at heart and felt that if one day this rig fell into someone elses hands who wanted to restore this Jeep into a stock M151 it can and could be done. Thaks for the honest and heart felt reply it was well written.

k8icu
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Unread post by k8icu » February 18th, 2008, 11:32 pm

Nothing wrong with that and I agree 100%...

Just not a big rock crawling fan I guess.
There is one nut on a M151 that is very difficult to remove.....

M151-LC
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I prefer trailing and mudding over Rock Crawling...LOL

Unread post by M151-LC » February 20th, 2008, 2:50 am

One of the biggest ideas behind our M151-LC was to break some records and do what no one else had ever done with a M151 series Jeep. The biggest record we want to break is the speed record, then we wanted to be the first crew to ever build a actual Bja Series Desert Racer from a M151 Jeep. If everything goes according to plan and some multi Billionaire doesn't have a M151 Desert racer built and in competition before us we should end up in the Guiness Book of World records for entering and racing a M151 series Jeep as a Desert Racer, we plan to break any and all M151 series Jeep speed records with ease as their are not many that have ever been built to travel at the speeds our Rig will beable to run at off road.

Now we are not going to break any BAJA Race speed records as our Rig will not be able to travel at 140+ MPH we just can't afford to buy all the parts and equipment required to build such a vehicle, as long as we come in ahead of the modified Volkswagen Beetles we will consider ourselves as Champions...LOL

Thier is a insane long shot that every one else will break down of have a accident allowing us to win the event , but I wouldn't count on it...LOL Would be very cool but it's also as realistic as saying Bill Clinton did not inhale...LOL

Floyd
Captain
Captain

Unread post by Floyd » February 21st, 2008, 12:08 am

The grass, the cigar or Monica. :roll:

Floyd
1961 M151
1967 M416
1988 M35A2C
VFW Life Member
NRA Life Member

M151-LC
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I know he lied about two of them...LOL

Unread post by M151-LC » February 24th, 2008, 11:33 pm

If the guy had just come out and said hey it was the 70's everyone smoked weed I would have respected the guy and maybe even voted for him I did like some of his ideas. The Monica affair was just sickening, I can't believe he got away with lieing to the American Public on National TV and man to think he wife who most of us can't stand to begin with forgave him...???

She should have ditched his ignorant butt, Christian America would have accepted that divorce with the proven admittance of being unfaithful, she would then have had a better run at the white house now from all the sypathy she could have scored on that topic.

Nope had to take old Billy Boy back and man I don't respect her for that at all. Scriptual interpretation is the thin line between acceptable forgiveness and unacceptable behavior of a spouse. If Old Billy Boy wants to cheat on his old lady again he better not be so damned dumb about it...LOL Guys a turd...LOL