My recnet parts scores on E-Bay for the M151-LC

feel the need to change or modify your mutt? This is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

M151-LC
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

My recnet parts scores on E-Bay for the M151-LC

Unread post by M151-LC » February 22nd, 2008, 5:40 pm

Well now that I have figured out how to joinand operate both Pay pal and E-Bay, I have made some great parts finds for dirt cheap.

Last night I bought a Oil pressure Guage and a water temp Guage to fit into the M151 dash panel plate. I don't care if they match perfect as long as they work...LOL

Heck the cost was right including shipping so I am not complaining!

I am currently bidding on this Volkwagen Karmann Ghia speedo and hope to win it, OK OK I know a nerd-Odometer right?

My wife loves Karmann Ghia's and has always wanted one so when I shared the part for bidding she thought it would be a very cool addition to the M151-LC plus it reads 90MPH which is a lot closer to the speed I will be driving then the stock M151 Speeod that would be pinned past 60 MPH...LOL

WISH ME LUCK as this Speedo will make my wife Happy.

OK we want and need to thank TOP TIGER, Jay Mallari, Robin, Spike, Terry Dow, Rain Man for all his time helping us with E-Bay and everyone else to many to type out without getting sore fingers for helping with the M151-lC project, the small parts and money donations Tech Ideas and just pure support has been so fantastic this past year and a half, then we must also say a huge thanks to both Ron and Moose for putting up with us and our insane project on their web pages...LOL

You guys are the Best freinds Nate, Micki and I could ever dream to have and we mean that from the bottom of our hearts.
Last edited by M151-LC on February 23rd, 2008, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Horst
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Horst » February 22nd, 2008, 5:52 pm

so everything German is nerd for you ?
Horst

1972 USMC M151A2 w/ROPS (ex Barstow) and M416
1962 M201 and trailer
1966 GTO,1982 E350 Skoolie, 1987 SJ413, 1987 911
Gone: 2xM35A2c, Unimog 404S, Hanomag AL28, DKW Munga

M151-LC
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

NO I am sorry Horst bad Joke...OOPS

Unread post by M151-LC » February 22nd, 2008, 9:02 pm

I was picked on about using other parts from other vehicles on the M151-LC buildup as I was going to use a Godzilla Power pack from a pre 1977 Toyota Fore Runner. I am now using a AMC 150 I4 2.5L CJ-7 Jeep engine instead.

I served in Germany a few times over the years and loved serving and living in Germany bad choice of words sorry it was meant to be a Joke nothing more buddy, HOPE you forgive me for my sillyness. As a American Jew I don't blame Germans or Germany for anything in the past, the people had no power to do anything about what happened in nerd Germany. Anyone who would have dared take a stand would have been killed or jailed or worse sent off to the camps themselves.

I am so sorry if I offended you it was not meant to do anything but kind of ride that "Rice Burner" type joke is all. Bleddyn

PS plus the Germans make the Best Beir in the world I would as a Beer lover a complte fool to insult Germans or Germany for real on that fact alone!

toptiger
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by toptiger » February 25th, 2008, 5:59 am

Horst- just to confirm- Hummerkiller is a real fan of Germany.
When i get back to the states I usually call him and the conversation usually turns to his tours in Germany and how much he loved that country, the people and the time he spent, then he gets to talking about the beer and well.........
Author M-151 MUTT, The Vietnam Jeep
Paper edition http://www.blurb.com/books/1646321
IOS ebook iBookstore: http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/id598605516
2 M151A2s, M416 trailer, M274A5 Mule,
Former Army Aviator, Bien Hoa, VN 1968-69
Mustang Gunship Platoon Commander
68th Assault Helicopter Company 'Top Tigers'
Central Florida and France