First Peak at the 1952 XM151 grill replica we had made.

feel the need to change or modify your mutt? This is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

M151-LC
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

First Peak at the 1952 XM151 grill replica we had made.

Unread post by M151-LC » February 27th, 2008, 6:48 pm

If you don't recall our secretive ploy to make a replica of the Original 1952 XM151 Grill for the M151-LC then good as you will be surprised to see just how great the grill came out.

The grill is now now finished and it came out fantastic better then I ever dreamed it would come out.

Here is the 1952 XM151 Prototype Jeep to refresh everyone's memory and then new grill made from a M38 and M151A2 grill I had in the shop, the original photo just haunted Nate and I we just had to have that early look and now that insane vision has come to pass...LOL

We still need to do some heat stripping, prime and paint the grill and install the headlight bucketts but heck a few hours and we will have the grill mounted on the M151-LC at long last.

Replies welcome like it or not?

k8icu
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Unread post by k8icu » February 27th, 2008, 11:31 pm

I have two things to say.

1. Good work it looks great!

2. Becareful Chrysler has that grill (verticle slots) registered as a trade mark.....and they got more lawyers than you... :)
There is one nut on a M151 that is very difficult to remove.....

M151-LC
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Screw them...LOL

Unread post by M151-LC » February 28th, 2008, 12:02 am

If they ever wanted to make a issue about this old beat up grill it would be laughed out of court and I was copying a actual Grill that was made and the Photograph speaks for it self. I already got a buddy of mine who also has a modified M151 series Jeep who wants one now...LOL

I just think it looked to cool not to make one up, it was fun and man it will stick out.

Thanks for the fun reply.