After market mod kits?

feel the need to change or modify your mutt? This is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

MUTT Vet
Sergeant Major of the "G"
Sergeant Major of the "G"

After market mod kits?

Unread post by MUTT Vet » August 28th, 2008, 2:20 pm

Transfering a post from the 503 to here, so if you've already answered there no need to naswer here:

was looking at the modification kits on mil-plus.com and contacted the guy over in italy and got some price quotes on the kits:

The disk brake kit for all four tires is $2,650 + shipping!

The differential locking kit that comes with a new diff with the kit installed and ready to be bolted on is $1989 + shipping!

The pneumatic comman with accuator for the locking diff is $663 + shipping!

New rear drive shaft axle joint kit (CV style) with flanges, modifided hubs, hardware, and instructions for $2400 + shipping!

I think these prices are a bit high. I am trying to enhance my M151A2 on the inside while keeping the outside traditional.

Anybody know where I can get similiar mods for a little better price? And are these mods worth doing?
Eric
***My Jeep won a war, your CJ delivers my mail***
------------------------------------
AIR FORCE (1998-Present)
The American Legion
NRA, 1999 (#: 39234404)
MVPA (#: 34922)
------------------------------------
M151A2 super MUTT (stolen)
M151A2 regular MUTT (in works)
Harley Davidson WLA w/ sidecar
M-37 x 2

Mr. Recovery
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: After market mod kits?

Unread post by Mr. Recovery » August 28th, 2008, 11:15 pm

Hi, you should hook up with, ( M151-LC ) here on this MOD forum, (AKA Hummerkiller) elsewhere, he is the man in the know when it comes to mods on the 151. :)
Image Dan.
1960 M151 Run 1
1963 M151 Willys DoD 10-63 in Baltimore
1989 Alley Cat. "work in Progress"
NRA Life Member
American Legion Post 275 Fl
US Army 6 years 2nd Armored Cavalry Bindlach Germany
Colorado Army Nat. Guard 5 years
Md Air Guard 15 years active duty on C-130's

M151-LC
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: After market mod kits?

Unread post by M151-LC » September 1st, 2008, 12:30 pm

Excuse my language here but those prices are as bad as a Prison ass rape...LOL

I have some contacts on these parts let me see what I can locate for much less and right here in the USA.

I know American Grolwer supplies the disk brakes conversion kits to the USMC for the M151A2 FAV's and Israel and Canada who still use the M151 series Jeep for Reserve Forces as well as Mexico and a bunch of other countries get the disk brake conversion kits from American Growler.

I will also contact Mutt Guru who has a lead on some parts suppliers as well.

The M151 and M151A1 should for safty reason on slow down on sharp turns have disk brakes installed and I know they are just sweet on the M151A2 stops on a dime. Same all goes for the other parts you have listed.

I installed most of those parts on AMG M151A2 FAV's and highly recommend the newer engines avaible as well.

Hercules sell M151 series Jeep NEW crate engines to the general public at real good prices as I have visited their web page.

Best I can do so check back and see what I have found posted over the next week.