M151-LC real axel lift kit NEW PICTURES ADDED

feel the need to change or modify your mutt? This is the place to discuss it.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

M151-LC
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

M151-LC real axel lift kit NEW PICTURES ADDED

Unread post by M151-LC » September 1st, 2008, 2:19 am

Sorry it's been so long since I posted any more of the later project pictures guys, been rather tired and just not into messing with the printer scanner and computer. Must be divorce depression setting in.

Anyway I dug the pictures out of the last batch I had developed and you can clearly see the 3 1/2 inch lift I have added above the original stock height, you can see the new shackles, leaf springs in the pictures, looks funky when thinking it's a M151. Had to reinforce the rear panel bottom with 1/8 inch steel plating above the shackle mounts as the steel was super thin. I am holding back from posting the newest pictures as I still wish to show the project as it was coming together, I may drop in one finished photo on my next post just to appease everyone...LOL But not before I show the front axle mounted and also the power pack installation in the up coming week or so. I know I know I am a mean prick...LOL Sorry the pictures ae a little blury as it was night time and I was using a throw away camera and they don't take the best night time pictures. ENJOY

Last edited by M151-LC on September 5th, 2008, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Horst
Colonel
Colonel

Re: M151-LC Close up pictures real axel lift kit

Unread post by Horst » September 1st, 2008, 1:39 pm

Yes, HK, please show a photo of the finished thing.
Didn't you post that thing was clocked at 100mph plus? I start to develop a feeling that this might be hard to believe.
Horst

1972 USMC M151A2 w/ROPS (ex Barstow) and M416
1962 M201 and trailer
1966 GTO,1982 E350 Skoolie, 1987 SJ413, 1987 911
Gone: 2xM35A2c, Unimog 404S, Hanomag AL28, DKW Munga

M151-LC
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread post by M151-LC » September 1st, 2008, 3:01 pm

AS you know I have been very ill and I still had some minor work to do on the Jeep, I wanted to show the complete project before I decided to show the Jeep completed, we did the test rund before further modifications were complete. I have kept the Jeep in my driveway or in my shop since that test run a few people have come by and looked at the Jeep and were impressed enough. To me it's more fun to show the project pictures as I get around to them.

I am still pretty sick and just want to take my time with the whole thing, if I post a pictures of the jeep done now then all the pictures I have taken and have to scan are pointless to bother with don't you think.

Every Jeep project I have worked on always gets played out by the project pictures start to end.

Next summer when I know I will be feeling better I was planning a huge road trip where I could take the Jeep out and let as many M151 owners as I possible can hook up with take the M151-LC for a little off road adventure.

Please don't rush me on the pictures as it takes all the fun out of it for me.

I have just recently been allowed to return to work in my shop and work on this Jeep, she still needs a few more items before I get in the mood to really want to show her off, some fresh paint cleaned up tail lights and other small stuff I have to do. Be paitent I have had to be just that from a hospital bed for most of this year.

Showing step by step work on any Jeep project modification allows me to explain the ideas for each part of the process, this is my second to last Jeep project I plan to work on ever, I still have a 1946 CJ2A I want to work on and then on to building my last project my 1952 Austin Champ into a Rock Crawler... thats it.

I am getting to old and have to many health problems to rush anything anymore so bare with me hear ok. HK

Spike
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by Spike » September 1st, 2008, 7:50 pm

You're a busy beaver. I see you are using a stick welder. I still have my Miller, even though I mostly use Mig. Outdoors on farm equipment I use the buzz-box. I'm glad you're feeling better. Is Nate playing football this year?

Spike.
As iron sharpens iron ...

M151-LC
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread post by M151-LC » September 2nd, 2008, 12:20 am

Yes Nate is playing JV and Varisty both Great ball player he is a running back and man can he run, Glad I lived to see him play this past week 4 interceptions and 3 touch downs as he also plays a reciever.

Yeah Some people just don't understand how deathly ill you cna get with cancer and the damned treatment, you have been their and know. I pitter patter around here and don't have a lot of energy or playtime before I am rushed off to bed where I just crumble and sleep all the time. I am not out of the woods yet and treatment goes on.

Now with my divorce pending I am just miserable on top of it all. I have 30 days till I have to move out, getting all my parts in boxed up and my things together takes a lot out of me. MY wife is mad at me for not getting treatment sooner and blowing off the Doctors she feels I have a death wish or something and wants no part of me as her husband anymore. I am just super stubborn and should have went to the doctors when I began to feel crappy again, I blew it all off until I collasped and was rushed to the hospital, cancer spread bad this time and I am lucky to even be here. I hate hospitals and it's my onw damned fault.

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » September 2nd, 2008, 1:07 am

Hang in there HK, Were all pulling for you! Work when you can and keep focus on the missions you need to complete. Staying positive is one of those missions. Post the pictures when you can, we all love to see em!

Chin up and chest out young man! :D

Rainman
M151 World Land Speed Record Holder

Spike
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by Spike » September 2nd, 2008, 1:16 am

Do you want me to give her a call?

Spike
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Unread post by Spike » September 2nd, 2008, 1:29 am

Sounds like you're getting enough rest. How's your diet? Man, that is so important. I had no appetite and lost my sense of taste. But still you need to eat well and take supplements. Are you having any skin problems? It took me forever to get it under control. Finally I (my doc) found something that works awesome triamcinolone acetonide 1% Within a week it was 95% cleared up. You'll be OK, you've been through worse, right?

M151-LC
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread post by M151-LC » September 2nd, 2008, 12:13 pm

Wow the skin problems are severe, I am taking some creams the VA gave me and it's working, I knew those pictures I posted of myself looked pretty bad all blotchy and just bad looking, At least I had grown the beard to cover it up on my face LOL. At least I can have cold beer again LOL life without my cold beers in the shop isn't worth living...LOL Nothing like a Ice cold beer while climbing under a Old Jeep and wondering what possible can I mess with now to enhance this old wreck. Nate and I have those cold beers together when the job is done.

Nate has asked me to come live with me when I move out in two months so I may just get a place around here so he can stay in the same High School were all his friends are and where he plays Football.

Breven52
Corporal
Corporal

Re: M151-LC real axel lift kit NEW PICTURES ADDED

Unread post by Breven52 » September 20th, 2008, 5:36 pm

Ive been praying for you man like rainman said just hang in there ..... I know that sometimes it seems rough but rember theres always a guy upstairs whose watching out for you

sarmadq
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by sarmadq » March 3rd, 2009, 3:09 pm

A touching tale and moving display of what you have done. I'm sure you and people around you are proud of this achievement, so hang in there, take it slow and God willing you get to restoring the Austin too. Can't wait to see that crawl rock ;)
Sam
1983 M151A2 - M825
.....You gotta know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away, Know when to Run !
You don't count your money, sitting at the table
There'll be time enough for counting
When the deal is Done !......

MUTT Vet
Sergeant Major of the "G"

Unread post by MUTT Vet » March 3rd, 2009, 6:02 pm

Bleddyn,

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

I, and probably a few other people, am a little confused with what you told me back in Janurary...PM sent.
Eric
***My Jeep won a war, your CJ delivers my mail***
------------------------------------
AIR FORCE (1998-Present)
The American Legion
NRA, 1999 (#: 39234404)
MVPA (#: 34922)
M151A2 super MUTT (stolen)
M151A2 regular MUTT (in works)
Harley Davidson WLA w/ sidecar
M-37 x 2

moose53
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by moose53 » March 3rd, 2009, 7:06 pm

MUTT Vet wrote:Bleddyn,

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

I, and probably a few other people, am a little confused with what you told me back in Janurary...PM sent.
HK's last post here was in Sep, 08...I haven't heard anything since you updated us.....

Jim
Zigzag50, Northeast51, KC2QDZ
MVPA # 30032 G838.org

--------------------------------------
1971 G838-M151A2 1966 G857-M416
1968 G748-M101A1 1976 G748-M116A1
1990 MEP-701A

--------------------------------------
Real jeeps have horizontal grille slots

MUTT Vet

Unread post by MUTT Vet » March 4th, 2009, 9:21 am

Ah! :shock: :oops:

I missed the date. I feel like a jack ass!

I checked out the General Discussion and saw a new post tag on it and went from there.

No wonder he wouldn't answer his phone.

Sorry!
Eric
***My Jeep won a war, your CJ delivers my mail***
AIR FORCE (1998-Present)
The American Legion
NRA, 1999 (#: 39234404)
MVPA (#: 34922)
M151A2 super MUTT (stolen)
M151A2 regular MUTT (in works)
Harley Davidson WLA w/ sidecar
M-37 x 2

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » March 4th, 2009, 11:08 am

Hey Eric,

When the topic popped up again, I'm sure more than you and me had a spark of excitement to think HK was back. I saw that it was just an old thread that Sam commented on, but felt a tug on those heart strings knowing your were mistaken. He ain't gone until we forget about him. :)

Rainman
M151 World Land Speed Record Holder