RT524

Want to put radios in your jeep? Discuss it here.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

vtdeucedriver
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by vtdeucedriver » March 10th, 2008, 12:04 am

kb0jyl wrote:I took my none working 524, added a jack to the speaker, and plug in a portable cd player into it. I have a bunch of AFVN cd's that I can play through the speaker, including one or two of Hanoi Hannah. The cd player fits right underneath the 524 and is pretty much out of site. Adds a bit of realism when out at shows or displays. Kind amazes the younger generation to when they hear the commercials and the news broadcasts. LOL....since many of them don't know who Henry Kissenger is or the Paris peace talks.

My 3 cents worth again.
I have a Prc-77 on a packboard for a infantry set up. Now the 77 is operational but bolted to the packboard is a external speaker. Its wired to a tape recorder that hides in a bag mounted just below the 77. I have radio communication of a firefight that makes the hairs stand on end every time I hear it. It really gets people to stop and listen. I also have another area where I have a 60's transistor radio that is wired to another that plays AFVN. I have a RT-524 and 442 that are in working condition, but I plan on doing the same to the mutt.
Jeff
Army Transportation Assoc Vietnam, Associate Member
Vietnam Veterans Assoc, Associate Member
Green Mountain Military Vehicle Club
1968 M52A2
1968 M54A2
1968 M151A1
1964 M151A1
1953 M62
1951 M37
" I am deuceless" Sold them all.