524 not transmitting

Want to put radios in your jeep? Discuss it here.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Re: 524 not transmitting

Unread post by Rainman » August 9th, 2012, 3:15 pm

Hello UeS,
Good to hear you got the transmit of your RT-524 better. Very nice looking radios you have mounted. That loose wire is from the RF output section and the only place for that loose wire to attach. All cables that I see look good and correct. Have never seen the style lamps you have on your equipment, but that should have no effect on your problems. it would seem your KC tuner may have gear issues. That also can require replacement. I will check with a friend on the tuner problems and update on what I learn

Your R-442 looks to have been wet at some time. It is only a receiver, and may require module replacements or extensive cleaning and checking each module to get it working. You are missing a connection to the 2002 connector. Should be a black wire that runs down along the outer case from the top. The W203 black wire originates on the very top board and runs from next to the green P3002/P1004 wire. R-442's are rugged radios, so lets see how this one is working after reconnecting things.

Rainman
M151 World Land Speed Record Holder