Speaker connection

Want to put radios in your jeep? Discuss it here.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Asesso
Sergeant
Sergeant

Speaker connection

Unread post by Asesso » May 12th, 2012, 7:36 pm

I have mounted an LS-424 auxiliary speaker to the dash by the instrument quadrent of ny A2. I have an RT-524 radio mounted on the right sponson. The cord from the speaker can just about reach the speaker plug on the radio. Should this mount directly to the radio or are there control boxes that need to be connected to the speaker? Where would the earphones connect in the system. A picture of all the components connected would be very helpful. I know little about radios but would like an accurate setup
Thanks
Art

199th mp
Major
Major

Re: Speaker connection

Unread post by 199th mp » May 12th, 2012, 10:35 pm

art, please take a moment to see my vic 1 post from feb26th, because i may not be good at explaining it. the headphones or the speaker can be installed direct to the marked speaker position on the front of the 524, and the microphone installed on the connection to the left of that one. if you want both headphones and speaker, i'm not sure how to go about that, but if you put in a vic 1 system like i just did, that frees up the speaker jack, since the headphone and mic combination is now connected to the 2298 box.

Asesso
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Speaker connection

Unread post by Asesso » May 13th, 2012, 1:23 pm

Does anyone have the components for a VIC 1 setup for sale?
Art