radio stuff

Want to put radios in your jeep? Discuss it here.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

42GPW
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

radio stuff

Unread post by 42GPW » July 19th, 2014, 11:28 am

Ok. I dug out an
REC-trans rt68/grc
Power supply pp-112/gr

Id like to know what its worth. I cant post photos with my phone. But can send someone to somebody that can. There both in great condition. They have all knobs and the dials turn freely.

Matt R
My Mutt doesnt leak...Its just marking its territory.
45 MB
44 MBT
67 M151a1
67 M416
Batt Boy July-Dec 89(5 mo of Hell!)
US Army-82nd Airborne 89-95
ARNG 95-00 40th,45th Inf
US Army-101st Airborne 00-06
Airborne Inf. Testing Americas cold weather gear since 1989

Aswayze
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Re: radio stuff

Unread post by Aswayze » July 19th, 2014, 2:37 pm

Disclaimer: This is from a "user" perspective rather than a "collector"

It is hard to say on the "older" GRC 3-8 series stuff. While they are neat units, they are old enough now that they are quite difficult to keep operational. When we were still using the RT-68 that the Israelis installed in the BTR-40 it generally took me a few hours of monkeying around, changing tubes and tapping vibrators to get it up and running every time we wanted to use it and even then, it would generally go south again in fairly short order.

We finally sold all of our GRC series gear off via Ebay and the MVPA convention. I think we got $150 for the RT-68, the power supply, and the RT-70 all mounted up on it's rack. At that time, everything was operational and I was able to fire the system up and demo it to the buyer. We sold off a variety of RT-66 and RT-67 radios as well as additional power supplies that we had been trading parts on for a while for around $50-$80 each and a few of the RT-70 units along with their interphone amplifiers for a bit more since we had them configured into fairly decent intercom systems.

While I learned a lot about radios trying to keep those things running I cannot help but feel that it was not time well spent.

Shipping is the biggest killer on these, you pretty much need to sell them locally since the additional cost of getting them from place to place adds quite a bit to the overall cost.

I would say that a fair price untested assuming you have the mounts would be $125-$150. Without the mounts probably $60-$80.

Tested good add about $30 to value.

Hope this helps!