Ruger corrects a design flaw..............

Wanna give your mutt some teeth? This is the place.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

raymond
Major General
Major General

Ruger corrects a design flaw..............

Unread post by raymond » September 26th, 2016, 4:33 pm

.................67 years late :idea:

They finally added push button takedown to the famous MK series of .22lr pistols. The new model is called the Mark IV.

FINALLY :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. has announced the highly anticipated, heavily redesigned Ruger Mark IV pistol. While the pistol maintains the same classic outward appearance as the Mark III, its simple, one-button takedown for quick and easy field-stripping will be a welcome and appreciated change for fans of this model. A recessed button in the back of the frame allows the upper receiver to tilt up and off of the grip frame without the use of tools. The bolt simply slides out of the receiver and the barrel can be properly cleaned from chamber to muzzle.

“We are thrilled to be introducing what we consider to be a monumental improvement to this iconic pistol that has been with Ruger from the start,” said Ruger President and COO Chris Killoy. “This one-button takedown alleviates the headache that our Mark III owners are all too familiar with and we anticipate the Mark IV pistols being some of the cleanest rimfires at the range,” Killoy concluded.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/23/ruger ... z4LObfOpyr

Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

fergrn37
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Re: Ruger corrects a design flaw..............

Unread post by fergrn37 » September 26th, 2016, 6:24 pm

I don't think it was a design flaw. It was more like an intelligence and skills test. Score being pass/fail. If you were not able to dis/reassemble then they should have taken it from you.
Some people are too busy knowing it all to ever learn anything

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » September 26th, 2016, 7:44 pm

Here we go. :roll: :roll: :roll:
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » September 26th, 2016, 7:46 pm

It takes a hammer to separate the upper from the lower on a MK1/2/3 when new and a hammer to put it back, at least until it has been disassembled and reassembled a good number of times. And no matter what, you must hold the pistol vertizontically and hold your mouth just right to reassemble. I can do it, and do it the first time, but I must always have the book out. I don't have to do that with my High Standards, or my now sold Browning Challenger or Smith and Wesson 41.

Raymond
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

fergrn37
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread post by fergrn37 » September 26th, 2016, 10:08 pm

Some folks have 'talent', and some folks don't. :mrgreen:
Some people are too busy knowing it all to ever learn anything

Motorcityman
1st Sergeant
1st Sergeant

Unread post by Motorcityman » September 29th, 2016, 6:42 am

Take down may be difficult but that series of pistol is one of the best rim fire pistols ever made. I have a 22/45 lite that rocks' I run a gemtech outback suppressor 100% of the time and clean it every 500 rounds or so, it's been 100% reliable even with the extra fouling a silencer promotes. I mounted an aimpoint micro to it and it's accurate with quick follow ups.