WTB M16 & M60 RUBBER DUCKS - Resin or demilled

Wanna give your mutt some teeth? This is the place.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Vzike
Sergeant Major of the "G"

WTB M16 & M60 RUBBER DUCKS - Resin or demilled

Unread post by Vzike » October 15th, 2016, 9:00 am

I'm looking for an M16, either demilled, or rubber duck for display with an M151. Also would like to find an M60 with an appropriate mount. I have lots of tradables, like an M31 mount and tons of M151 parts.
Vin Zike

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Re: WTB M16 & M60 RUBBER DUCKS - Resin or demilled

Unread post by m3a1 » October 15th, 2016, 7:58 pm

Have you considered Airsoft guns? First, they are nearly spot-on and in some cases, absolutely indistinguishable from the real thing....and fun to have around if you want to plink full auto!

Vzike

Unread post by Vzike » October 15th, 2016, 8:39 pm

I have not, but I will. Thanks!
Vin Zike

Bart1015
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Unread post by Bart1015 » October 16th, 2016, 11:00 am

You can find them on Ebay and gunshows a lot of the times. I would expect to pay 150-200 for the M16. Most military A2 ducks use a real barrel/sight and the rest is completely resin. The carrying handle on the A2s gets very soft in hot weather and they tend to sag.

The A1 is usually found with real upper receiver/barrel/sights.

On my A1 I used a rotary tool and carved out the resin from the ejection port and forward assist. I then installed a GI ejection port cover and forward assist. I will be dong the same with the charging handle.

I have not done any research on the M60.

Brett
Pray for our Wolf Hunters.

Vzike

Unread post by Vzike » October 16th, 2016, 11:09 am

We used the ducks for river crossing and water airborne ops. I remember them well. I have an AK47 rubber duck.

I found an airsoft M16 on ebay for under $50. I think that looks like a good deal, and it appears to look correct.
Vin Zike

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Unread post by m3a1 » October 16th, 2016, 1:21 pm

Airsoft, like anything else, is a get-what-you-pay-for industry. For some time, I'd buy higher end Airsoft guns from Evike and/or Redwolf but this is not to say they are the only suitable dealers. Buy from a reputable dealer locally and you save on shipping, right? Evike also offers "boneyard" deals - guns that may be unserviceable or missing parts. Some pretty good deals there but the really good ones get snapped up quickly. And they make some really eye catching stuff in Airsoft, like grenade and rocket launchers.

All my airsoft guns are spot on. Until you pick them up, you'd swear they were the real thing and we're not just talking little bitty guns. Alongside my little guns such as the M4, I have a Barret "50", M249s - fixed and para stocks and M240B (all my little friends from Afghanistan). I have those for show because, who can afford the real thing?

I would also suggest you look for ones that have metal gearboxes because, long term, plastic gearboxes just won't hold up as long. Electric Airsoft are the guns whose gearboxes are driven by a battery. Gas guns (those driven by a mixture of silicone and compressed gas) are a total hoot to shoot because they rely on pressure much like a real gun, usually have a moving action, just like a real gun, and they make a pop that electric guns don't have but magazine space usually suffers owing to having to make space for a place to store the gas whereas an AEG (airsoft electric gun) may have several hundred rounds in what looks like a 30 round magazine. If you choose an AEG invest in a smart charger for your battery. They charge quick and shut themselves off preventing the additional expense of having to replace fried batteries. No muss, no fuss, no chalky aftertaste! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also, many of the higher end guns are all metal where they should be metal, and wood or plastic just as the real guns. Again, you get what you pay for.

Final word of caution. Like M151s...once you have one airsoft, you're gonna want another...and another........and another. :wink:

Vzike

Unread post by Vzike » October 16th, 2016, 8:26 pm

That's sort of scary, since I now have 5 M151's
Vin Zike

m3a1
Lt. General
Lt. General

Unread post by m3a1 » October 16th, 2016, 8:47 pm

Ohhhh-kayyyyyy. Maybe you should buy a rubber duck! :lol: :lol:

EODJIM
Corporal
Corporal

Unread post by EODJIM » October 26th, 2016, 7:09 pm

here is a place that has all of your Inert ordnance needs covered. http://inertproducts.com/solid_replica_weapons

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » October 26th, 2016, 8:15 pm

Interesting place but did you see this disclaimer at the bottom of the page? I copied and pasted it here. I did not try to order anything so I do not know if that is fact.

All sales are restricted to official use only, and are not available to the general public
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

EODJIM
Corporal
Corporal

Unread post by EODJIM » October 27th, 2016, 1:23 am

"Our replica / prop & dummy weapons are only available to "official use" clients only. These replica props are produced for:

Military & Law Enforcement Training
Drills and Honor Guard Training
ROTC / JROTC Training
Private Security Training
Firearms Trainers
Firearms and Accessory Vendors
Martial Art Training
Film & Movie Production Props
All Replica firearms are shipped with the required orange plug or markings even if pictured without.

Contact us to discuss your specific needs, or for a price quote. "

It is obvious that they are a Business and willing to discuss filling your needs. They put this type of disclaimer in to scare away the riff raff. I see no reason they wouldn't sell to folks here as display items for military vehicle historians.

Vzike

Unread post by Vzike » October 27th, 2016, 8:14 am

I would have no problem purchasing a display weapon from them, but I'm not sure that is the best choice. The M60 they list is resin. It looks good and is a great, almost indestructible training aid, but it lists for almost $800. The Airsoft version looks more accurate, and is half the price. Plus you can play with it.
Vin Zike

rickf
General
General

Unread post by rickf » October 27th, 2016, 10:52 am

I saw that, 800 for resin?!!!
1964 M151A1
1984 M1008
1967 M416
04/1952 M100
12/1952 M100- Departed
AN/TSQ-114A Trailblazer- Gone

eaglevets
Private First Class
Private First Class

Unread post by eaglevets » November 3rd, 2016, 12:29 pm

I use Denix M16A1's with my MUTT. The plastic is where plastic should be and metal where metal should be. Look and feel like the real deal.

My M-60 is an Airsoft. You can't tell the difference. Even found some ammo belts on line that you can feed into it for display. I am looking for a new carry handle for it, though. The one that comes with it is a bit flimsy and I'm afraid it will break off.