weapons photo

Wanna give your mutt some teeth? This is the place.

Moderators: rickf, raymond, Mr. Recovery

Bill, Idaho
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Unread post by Bill, Idaho » December 15th, 2007, 6:42 pm

Cool! Idaho is real class-3 friendly, as well. I have a handful of full-auto stuff, including a quiet-inducing device thing. In our state you can have full auto, DD's, SBS, SBR,etc. Actually, if you can afford it,and you are legal, you can have it. As different from some other states, we have individual ownership of class-3, not just dealer-only
Our concealed carry law is really good (although from a cops point of view, I have certain issues with some minor details). The county sheriff has reign over the CCW's, but they are good statewide. Rifles and shotguns are exempt. You can carry anywhere except jails, courthouses, and schools. You don't have to "declare" what weapon(s) you are carrying, as in other states. Outside any city limits, logging-mining-railroad camp, state park you don't even need a CCW. If you meet the requirements to legally own a pistol, you meet the same requirements to carry CCW. There are certain exceptions and particulars to our CCW as I basically explained, but all in all, it's pretty good. I would venture to guess Idaho has the largest percentage of people carrying CCW, both legally and probably illegally, in the US. (And our crime rates are way low compared to the non-CCW states---food for thought). This coming from being raised in Illinois--the exact opposite of a defined "good gun state"!

You haven't shot a gun until you rattled off a mag out of a full auto M14, or any belt-fed.

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » December 15th, 2007, 8:20 pm

Bill

I live across the river from the "Peoples Republik of Illinois". I seldom drive past the levee on the Illinois side. Police over there like to stop Mo. cars. Not much hassle over weapons, at least in that part of the state. We drive through there occasionally with weapons though on our way to CMP high power rifle shoots at PASA Park in Barry Il. We always case and trigger lock them though in case some State Patrolman just out of Chicago stops you. Actually most of the people just across the river resent Chicago imposing gun control schemes and onerous hunting regulations (why there is no rifle deer season in Il. defies logic) on the rest of the state. Most of those people would like to divorce the rest of the state from Chicago.
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

czechnology
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: weapons photo

Unread post by czechnology » August 6th, 2008, 3:46 am

Here goes mine: CZ 858 Tactical (semi-auto only version of the Vz. 58 rifle) slightly tuned.

and the CZ-75 pistol.

Sorry for the shitty background.
´67 M151A1
´65 M416

Czech discussion board about M151 series vehicles with stuff you won´t see elsewhere - http://www.muttforum.cz

raymond
Major General
Major General

Unread post by raymond » August 6th, 2008, 9:28 am

Nice rifle. Those are kind of rare and expensive here in the U.S. 8)
Raymond

"On the day when crime puts on the apparel of innocence, through a curious reversal peculiar to our age, it is innocence that is called on to justify itself." Albert Camus

Rainman
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Rainman » August 11th, 2008, 12:22 pm

Talk about expensive, the full auto version uses up some ammo! Watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSLV9rd53vw

Rainman
M151 World Land Speed Record Holder

mrdibbles
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by mrdibbles » September 17th, 2008, 4:54 pm

Here are my two favorite pieces. My Dad bought these off a military officer in Paraguay back in the early '70's. He also traded this same guy for a German Lugar. My Dad got the Lugar and the officer got a couple new pairs of Levi's :) Sadly this Lugar is lost to time. My Dad loaned it to a friend who never returned it. Some friend :?

Anyway the Winchester on the top is a Model 1892 made chambered 38-40 (made in 1926). The Winchester on the bottom is also a Model 1892 and it is chambered in 44-40 (made in 1919). The bottom carbine is the rarer piece. It's most commonly called a "Trapper". Other's call it a "Baby Carbine". Most typically these were sent to South America or Australia for use in law enforcement or as a brush guns. It has a 14-inch barrel, versus the 20-inch on the carbine above it, and as such I had to register it with the BATF.

Other than these I don't have a whole lot else... I keep a Colt M1991A1 (45-Auto) in a biometric safe for home defense but that piece is the business end of my small collection.

Last edited by mrdibbles on September 17th, 2008, 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1992 Mercedes-Benz 250GD Wolf - Former German Army
St. Augustine, Florida

Mr. Recovery
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Unread post by Mr. Recovery » September 17th, 2008, 5:39 pm

Mr. D, I also like a lever action rifle, I have a Winchester Model 88 in 308, it has been my hunting rifle sinch the 60's, I picked it up in a Pawn shop in Colorado Springs when I was at Ft. Carson in the 60s. it has put many a deer and a few elk in the freezer :D

Image Dan. PS; NO, I did not modify an M-14 Mag. to fit. :roll:
1960 M151 Run 1
1963 M151 Willys DoD 10-63 in Baltimore
1989 Alley Cat. "work in Progress"
NRA Life Member
American Legion Post 275 Fl
US Army 6 years 2nd Armored Cavalry Bindlach Germany
Colorado Army Nat. Guard 5 years
Md Air Guard 15 years active duty on C-130's